1HDC - Topic Suggestions

got another idea for a 1HDC. Sorta based on the Design Thinking and Rethinking an Industry topics. What about a 1HDC where it’s not sketches that are the deliverables, but an idea. It would work basically this way-

Propose an industry or more complex problem (ie. How could shipping be more efficient, what to be done with the IDSA, what could future media/TV/book industries look like, how could a production process be streamlined, etc. ???

The results would be comments, thoughts and general design thinking. Design, in many ways, in its best forms are about ideas, concepts and “what-ifs” not only nice sketches and forms. Why don’t we play around in this area more? I think it could be not only a beneficial exercise, fun, and get some interesting results, but would also counter the idea that ID is only about making nice looking things. In my own experience, I’d say about half the results I’m proud of in my own portfolio are a result of thinking like this (ie. new business ideas, planning, strategy, etc.) and not just some nice product.

Thoughts?

R