What has IDSA done lately - Part 2 Case Studies

George,

I think you are missing my point. I’m not saying that everyone should go around the program and self publish, and I certainly see the peer review value and you’ve got quite a list. What I’m saying is that again, you’ve got perception working against the IDSA as it seems that IDSA is the one making the money and owning the IP from the catalyst case studies, and it is a very closed program.

Again, instead of just justifying the current model, why not look at new opportunities? If IDSA is truly not making tons of cash from these case studies (which I believe), why not offer some profit sharing? Why not co-sponsor self publishing with a IDSA stamp of approval? Why not become an aggregator for even more content and distribution? An iTunes like shop for all things design? As it is I see very little incentive for anyone to submit anything and very little for anyone to even purchase a case study.

“We are the professional organization, you give us things, we charge someone else for it” is an old model. Why not explore the possibilities of new ideas?

R