Discussion about the IDSA

One place that I feel like we’re really missing is with the young grads… There’s this assumption that until you become a seasoned professional, you don’t have anything to contribute and that really isn’t the case. We need their ideas, enthusiasm and their energy… I think it’s a shame that such a small percentage actually join after graduating, even considering the reduced membership dues…

Coroflot is great, but your competing against hundreds, or thousands of portfolios… but it’s the candidate’s personality that makes someone “fit” into an office’s culture. To get that connection, you still need face time and what better way to do that then to help to organize and event for IDSA?

I was talking to a student the other day about what she was going to during the summer for a job. I asked her if she had contacted any of the IDSA members she met while organizing a portfolio review and she was like, “I didn’t think I was ALLOWED to do that!” And she was amazed when I told her that we were EXPECTING her to do that–that’s what it’s all about… There are opportunities for those who are willing to look for them.

w