One designer's review of the Local Motors Rally Fighter.

Ariel_

Thanks for the response. I’m impressed with how LM has taken this discussion in stride.

When I moved here about 2 years ago, I emailed someone at Local Motors about visiting the facility… never heard back. Totally understand how a single email could be lost in the the deluge of emails you guys get.

This is a very strong community, we are all super comfortable sharing our opinions as many of us have been on here for 5+ years, and moving to another site that only talks about one thing feels a little limiting in comparison. We would love to see you guys on here more though. In fact, some pretty high profile international manufacturing companies are working with the community here by paying selected contributors to work on projects. More on that in the coming weeks people… hang in there…

I’m sorry for the kit car comparison, I know it is a loaded term. What I meant is that a lot of the original kit car companies were trying to change the way cars were made, when kit cars were original vehicles in the 70’s. That was before they became Ferrari-Fieros.

I’d love to participate, and I think you actually emailed me when LM first started up based on my cardesignnews.com portfolio, but honestly, I’m flush with paying work and on a principal level, I just don’t feel right contributing a design for free. The car isn’t free.