books on sketching skliz...?

Do u think it would still be good/ help me even tho it’s old?

Yes.

lol

here’s some great books for sketching (if they havent allready been posted):

And this is the sylabus I give my students in the first year of ID:
http://www.atohms.be/basic_sketching.ppt

It’s really about the basics…but most books tend to go over them to fast.
And everybody knows you cant build A house if you have crappy foundations.

Its a powerpoint presentation and I definitely need to update it…there’s also one or 3 copied images without credits…my apologies therefore

Within ayear or so I’ll make another one about the more advanced sketching skills and computer-aided sketching. Got some other more important work for the moment :wink:

Many greetzz

After a lot of edits and re-works: I finally self published a book of sketches.

Picture 2.jpg

Congrats! Just perused the website, love the gridpaper and taped corners. Nice touch.

Are you getting any further with your possible TV show?

Thanks Chris. The TV is still moving along, in contract negotiations, so it is getting very serious!

This was that link on the previous page for those that missed it:

Picture 2.jpg

Below are some photos of the book:

The book looks great, I perused it online too. I bet it was a lot of fun to put together!

Thnks Trav, it was, it took about a year of steadily building it, a bit here, a bit there…

ID Sketching posted about it today:
http://www.idsketching.com/all/michael-ditullo-book-of-sketches/

Got a nice little bulk shipment to send to my collaborators today. Pretty fun to open a box with this in it!

the book looks great yo

btw i’ve heard that the pirates took over some of design sketching’s loot if you know what i mean

nunoCR: thanks! I have to say you lost me with that last bit, what do you mean?

the last bit was not directed at you… just throwing it out there for everyone.
I probably shouldn’t be more specific, it might be against the forum rules.

I think hes talking about how the Design Sketching Book, has been available online. Type in “design sketching’s loot” About the 5th link down.

Hello,

im the author of darstellungstechnik, german rendering book. this title you can actually get only in german and japanese language, but i have good news for you. My new title darstellungsmedien is also available in english, the english title is representation media, its about rendering, especially about the different sketching media. its 29,90 Euro, you can order
it on my adress, or on www.elbtunnel.de, or amazon (klick on the title,and you get pictures).

http://www.amazon.de/Darstellungstechnik-Umsetzung-Präsentation-Alexander-Ott/dp/3830713401/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266251756&sr=8-1

if you have any questions about my books, please send me an e-mail.

Alexnder Ott
Dipl.-Des(FH)

Thanks everyone for the warm reception to my first book, just sold the 80th copy: Analog Dreams by Michael DiTullo | Blurb Books

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good books pertaining to human body proportions and especially hand proportions? I would like to become more comfortable with adding these into product and furniture sketches. ThAnks

I used David Finch’s Gnomon video series on dynamic hand and feet drawing and it’s definitely worth the money, really well done, clear instruction and tons of great narrated footage

Also he has one on the body and the face