Advice on a theoretical Alka-Seltzer refresh?

Okay I am going to go against the grain here. I think going Retro just for the sake of going retro has been done a million times and is extremely over played. Even those Ritz retro graphics are nice, but they do not communicate Ritz. None of the visual brand elements that we all know of Ritz are there.

I think if you look at the package yes the graphics are not working, but it is not because of the age, or that they do not look current enough. Actually they look like they were updated recently. The big issues I see are that there is not contrast, balance, and all around design composition elements in this package. It looks like a light blue box and the branding blends with it’s own packaging family along with its competitors. By adding order and composition to the pack it will dramatically increase it’s visual appeal.

Like I mentioned before the first step is to figure out what parts of your branding are resonating with the consumer. What are they communicating? What is it about your product that can be portrayed in your branding?

Also think about is it really the packaging that is not working or is it the perception of you product? You can have the best packaging in the world, but if the product is bad or does not resonate with you consumer it will not be successful.