What if Global Warming is a Red Herring?

I remember reading a reader’s comment to Time Magazine in Aug or Sep 2006. The comment was from a global warming “expert” who happily made it known from her signature block. She said that it was important to end debate of any kind on the subject of global warming. Children should not hear the opposing views because it hampers progress. In other words, brainwashing is acceptable, free speech is not, and the scientific method is no longer needed.

Now before people jump on me for the brainwashing comment, think about what brainwashing actually is. It’s a systematic approach of getting someone to believe whatever you tell them. You do it by silencing critics, not allowing others to voice opinions, controlling what you hear, read, or watch, or learn. Once the other side has been silenced, you can do or say whatever you want. It happens all the time in third world and communist nations.

Stifling discussion is dangerous and wrong. Say what you want about global warming. But the truth is, not everyone agrees. And those who tell you everyone agrees only thinks so because they haven’t heard the other arguments. The argument that it doesn’t matter is absurd. All scientific research matters. If truth and accuracy don’t matter when it comes to global warming, then where do we draw the line? Does it ever matter? Truth and accuracy never matters as long as we can justify it for the “greater good”? The whole global warming alarmist mantra reminds me of the lead up to the Iraq war. What if we demolish our economy and never find the proverbial weapon of mass destruction?

It takes 300 years to offset the amount of energy it takes to create one windmill. Are we making windmills to last longer than 300 years? One post said that San Diego is going through the worst fire season in history. Could it be that the state of California is just too stupid to clear out the dead brush and trees? I drove through Big Bear not long ago. Beetles moved in and infected the trees, killing 90% of the forest. It’s a tinder box waiting for a cigarette. California is suicidal, economically and ecologically.

If global warming is a red herring and we continue to enact crushing laws, it will collapse entire economies, bankrupt nations, create another green tech bubble, tax the hell out of civilians, strangle the poor, and make very few people very rich.