The thread for silly Alias questions...

That’s a lot of questions, I’ll just answer a couple to start the thread :

4. Keypoint curves doesn’t seem to have either CVs or Edit Points. What do they have, and how do I edit them?

They have…Keypoints. You click on Palette/Keypoint curve tool box. A small sub palette appears with all the kp curves. Now use “drag keypoint” the last (9th) icon. Very handy to snap with a variety of snap to kp, curve or grid.

7. How can I delete a curve on a surface? (When I use “select object” on it, which works on normal curves, the surface also gets selected, and thus deleted if I use the “delete active” command.)

Alias has many “pick this or that” options. Go to Palette/Pick/Curve on surface (8th icon) and there you go !
Something useful : extend tool applies very well to curves on surfaces. So if a cos isn’t long enough a quick fix, instead of redoing the projection/intersection that created it, is to extend it. Obviously the fragile “construction history” ability of Alias won’t survive the operation.

Although I have been using Alias for some years I think I’ll post one or two silly questions myself…
: )