Close

1HDC

Postby dmz73 » January 6th, 2009, 4:22 pm

dmz73

I am not typically into this topic, but I figured I would throw it down...
I always think the microwave is a significant challenge. :idea:

It's probably the most common every day devices that we take for granted.
The components are relativeley simple - A Magnatron, a turntable, and interface, a door, a vent.
With great ideas come great improvements...

Cost targets for low to high, recyclable to green. Take your pick.

Dan[/code]

Postby sam hagger » January 28th, 2009, 10:07 am

sam hagger
step four
step four

My favourite class during Uni was concept design, in which we had to "design" (to concept stage) and comunicate the idea with an A3 board. Could this be a basis for the competition?

Postby itslaz » January 29th, 2009, 3:08 pm

itslaz
step one
step one

The next challenge should take-up redesigning this Discussion Board...I think we can all agree its a bit graphically challenged for a design site. :)

How about this?

Postby BuYAAA » February 4th, 2009, 12:41 am

BuYAAA

:shock: Lets take a shot at designing relaxation footwear i.e. flip flops, sandles, crocks, loafers we can get crazy with this

Chew on it, let me know what you think

Postby Mr-914 » March 25th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Mr-914

Two ideas inspired from the Core Blog:

Take a buzzword table like this and design the product that matches what you select. Like a rubberized 12-ply bamboo milk frother.

2. I like the Nokia headphones inspired from songs. Maybe we could do chairs based on the movie character that would use them or something?

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/nokia-headset-comp-winners/

Postby Greenman » March 26th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Greenman
full self-realization
full self-realization

Mr-914 wrote:
2. I like the Nokia headphones inspired from songs. Maybe we could do chairs based on the movie character that would use them or something?

Now that sounds like a killer contest, do it!

Postby Primo » May 2nd, 2009, 11:27 am

Primo
step two
step two

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or done, I haven't read through the whole thread. I liked the idea of being able to reuse something like the business cards. I've seen a lot of ideas of what to do with toilet/paper towel tubes after the paper is spent, but I think we could come up with some better designs.

Postby Mr-914 » June 1st, 2009, 7:54 am

Mr-914

How about a new GM logo? ;)

Postby Lmo » June 1st, 2009, 10:52 am

Lmo

How about a new GM logo? ;)
Attachments
AM.jpg
AM.jpg (19.04 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
Last edited by Lmo on March 24th, 2010, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Postby Mr-914 » June 1st, 2009, 11:41 am

Mr-914

lmo: great minds think alike.

Postby titanruss » June 2nd, 2009, 2:49 pm

titanruss

we always do something manly... how about something for all the beautiful ladies of the world?

Postby simon_four_fingers » July 10th, 2009, 1:21 pm

simon_four_fingers
full self-realization
full self-realization

Greenman wrote:
Mr-914 wrote:

Now that sounds like a killer contest, do it!

+1, let's that this!

Or do the new GM line. Retro is chic so how about we revisit the Matador, Javelin, Gremlin, Eagle, and Pacer. (AMC cars....)
summerdan wrote:At the famous designer's design, and see more of open the book thinking, read some books are always didn't harm
Come on I believe that you can

Postby skinny » July 10th, 2009, 2:11 pm

skinny
full self-realization
full self-realization

I'd like to see all the car fanatics here design a cool Yugo! We always complain about why they always make cheaper cars and hybrids so ugly.

Watching "Who Killed the Electric Car" the other day made me think about something. Maybe they do it on purpose because they don't really want you to buy them. I think it's a little obvious with the cheaper cars, companies always want to lead you to their more expensive products but with the "revolutionary" all electric cars, etc..they only made them at that time because they had to, but they didn't really want to make them or have anyone buy them. So part of the strategy is making them ugly, use depressing advertisements, etc..., so that they'd have poor sales so they could scrap them and get back to focusing on the gas guzzling cash cows.

So lets see a cool $2000 "Yugo-ish" car that people would WANT to drive without being embarassed. One that the car companies would never release in a million years because they'd lose half their profit if too many people would be satisfied with it :D

Re: 1HDC - Topic Suggestions

Postby scg » September 13th, 2009, 10:28 am

scg

pc case..

they are everywhere and all the same. come on! even the best cases are lookalike! identical vertical curbstones..

lian li is one of the best firms in this bizz and all they can come up is....
well, burj el arab??

and nexus edge,
allright, quite a good case with big space.. but isn't that kinda plain? kinda big black box :roll:

so a good looking full tower pc case (well no tiny video game consol or htpc or notebook design) with a large space for water cooling system is my suggestion.

Re: 1HDC - Topic Suggestions

Postby Lmo » September 13th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Lmo

they are everywhere and all the same. come on! even the best cases are lookalike!

And, they are all eyesores. Personally, I'm tired of looking at any of them ... mine lives in a cabinet under the desk where I don't have to see it.

What I would like to see developed is a single, multi conductor cable that eliminates the rat's nest of wires at the back; power, mouse, CRT, printer, internet, speakers, etc.

Almost every advertisement you see shows the computer sitting on a desk, free of any visible means of contact with the outside world. I want that computer.
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Previous | Go to the Next Page

Return to one hour design challenges