1HDC - 09.08 - Ideation Design Sketches - Discussion Forum

I’ve been on vacation for a week and it is great to see that the entries are starting to steam in! Some great stuff in there everyone. Thanks for the interest in the 1HDC. As always, I walk away inspired.

Thank you Benny!

The submissions are great! I hope to see a bunch more. :slight_smile:

can you submit videos?

Videos would be great…ideally in conjunction with jpgs of the original drawings.

is 1HDC a monthly competition?

We try and get something out every month. But it is hit or miss based on what else is going on. We did take off the summer, for some obvious reasons, and hopefully now that we’re going again, we’ll get something out once a month.

Hey Everyone:

Thanks for all the submissions. We’ve narrowed the field down to a short list. Before we make a final decision, we would like to get your thoughts as to who you think should win.

I would also like to get your thoughts as to whether there is anyone in the field that you don’t believe the work was completed within an hour.

We’re hoping to make a final decision this weekend, so any comments over the next couple of days will be much appreciated.

i’d like to give props to Dino’s car stuff, Mike Serafin’s,Benny B’s and sketchy D’s,Yo’s car stuff and R’s live drawings. Thats a long list to give props too but I thought those mentioned were great, especially the loseness of them!

my faves:

janmejay85’s, Yo’s screen and vehicle pages, Benny B’s, DREAMJOB’s, sketchyd’s ink car stuff, blaster701’s sick but simple colored paper w/white pencil stuff, thedinomeister’s bold car thumbs, IDesigning’s packed shoe page

Props to all, there are a lot of great pages posted

My props go out in not particular order:
Watches - mikeserafin (p.2)
Vehicle - buryat (p.3)
Skate trucks - Drawstreets (p.3)
Golf shoes - ovranesh (p.4)
Cars - dinomeister

phew that was quite a lot of work…but my favorites would be that of mike serafin’s watches and jeff smith’s massager sketches…really enjoyed the canson technique!all the best everyone!

Keep an eye open for winner(s) being announced Wednesday AM in the Core77 newsletter.

I will follow-up here on the forums when I am back in town later in the day. I am on the road most of the day Wednesday.

I’m suprised about the winner of this one. The car sketches are pretty loose, and don’t seem to show a lot of variation. Not that they are bad sketches, but I thought some of the shoe sketches were much cleaner and well thought out.

Just an opinion.

ridiculous but shoes sketches are no1 definitely

Wow! I would like to thank the core77 Admin’s for selecting mine as the winner and the community for the support and comments. I really appreciate it, and I think this is another good step forward for me. There were so many good entries in this competition and I hope to see more from everyone else in the sketch section. Thanks again! :smiley:

-Dino

Opinion appreciated. I expect(ed) some opposing views on the winner and runners up b/c of the subjective nature of this one. There was a lot of good stuff to choose from.

Thanks to everyone for their support and please keep the opinions coming.

Congrats to dinomeister, sergiomora, blaster, mikeserafin, and bennybtl

check the second vid at about 1:45 in. Core77 1HDC shown in the demo of a new tablet from Lenovo!

R

Holy crap! That is so awesome! That’s so cool that Lenovo bookmarked that page for their demo. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That just shows how many people read these forums. pretty cool.

That’s how we do.