Newly released work (footwear and softgoods)

sure bngi…
My favorite shoe would be the blockade boot at the top. It was a boot that was an individual idea that ended up spawning an entire group of shoes called the city ops collection. which ended up being i think 5 shoes in total. I was personally proud of this group as well because at the time it was the first shoe concept that i came up with on my own and wasn’t taking direction from anyone else. It came from a sketch page where i just randomly sketched 5 completely different shoes and took it too my boss and the boot was one of the ones that he thought was most interesting so he told me to develop it further. (i looked around for 15 minutes for this sketch and cannot find it! :angry: )

the main visual element of this boot, the ‘7’ shaped piece of suede, was directly inspired by the air huarache 2k4 i wanted it to have that ‘wrapping around the ankle bone’ piece. The boot started off as a cup sole, like a nike af1 or a rod laver adidas, but we thought that was too ordinary so we changed it to a cornerstitch sole.

I have also attached an inspiration board that i used to present at our international conference, the shoe shown on there is a spring 2010 colorway, in spring we progressed the group by using some canvases on the upper to lighten it up a bit, give it a feel more similar to some chucks.

The entire group turned out pretty well i think, it was definitely something that everyone though was new and fresh for the line. The one change that i would make if i had to go back, and it may just be a personal one, is that i think the boot looks better when it has a flat lace in it, as opposed to the waxed round lace shown in the picture, it just gives it a little less of a dressy feel, but it works both ways i think.

hope that was some useful insight, did not want to go on and on :wink: