1HDC 09.02 - Business Card Submission Forum

process:

process-part2:
instruction.jpg

I’m gonna hold you to that. The card itself may not be 3d, but how you interact with it is. The video explains most of it. Not the most novel thing in the world, but for industries that involve a lot of 3D work, it could be interesting, if not gimmicky.

Whoever said “work first, play later” had it all wrong

In case no one could tell, i’ve been having a lot of fun with this 1hdc.

this is a card concept for some sort of photo/framing company.

A pictures worth a thousand business cards, woops…i mean words.
frame 1.jpg
frame 2.jpg

it’s my first time to 1 hour design challenge. in my design bussiness caed is not only a media to introduce yourself but only a media to send your love or any words u want 2 say.
IMG0176A.jpg

Mini Brush and Dust Pan, Enjoy!

I use 1 name card to make this Glasses Holder.
It’s useful for the glasses protection while U want to put it on desk.
Enjoy!

Here goes…

I had a pretty weird take on ‘3D’!

Would be cool to have the choice of viewing online images in 2D or 3D though!

Would have tried to make them, but couldn’t find any coloured stuff.

Picture 5.png

The point of this card is to be kept. What appears to be a useful tool to many will be kept in the users wallet until the real tool, your email address, is needed…viola, point-of-business-card-in-the-first-place attained!
business-card-inside-2x3.5.gif
business-card-front-2x3.5.gif

just saw this on the giz. not sure I could even eat this in an hour…

I really hate seeing cigarette butts on the ground. Could keep this in the car or something to collect cigarette butts until you find a bin.
card hack cig butts sr.tif (531 KB)

paint brush holder

business card hacks

I discovered a flexible modular system in which I could create interesting geometries. I found that by placing a compact fluorescent light into the shapes I could create a sustainable, functional work of art: “Card Lamps.”

I started with a simple 6 sided interlocking box and tried to find ways of creating a different shape using the same construction method. The objective was to build something without any glue, tape, or fasteners. I twisted the box which made me wonder how much more could the system handle. The result is a great card holder for your desk which in turn can interlock with other modules to create a larger structure.

This mini pinhole camera uses two business cards. The pictures produced are 1/4 of a standard 4 x 6 photograph.
1_mini_pinhole_camera.jpg
2_mini_pinhole_camera.jpg

…Is that too late to post?? ==;

sometime when u haven’t any holder at fair/ exhibition.
hope it can help u. [size=7][/size]

if you’ve recently been relieved of your duties, or if you decided to relieve yourself of your duties, your first instinct might be to do away with your leftover business cards in a less than dignified manner. after all, a job is not unlike a significant other, and most people think it’s healthiest to purge all reminders of an ex after a breakup, especially if it is a painful one.

but think back - you didn’t just throw all of hector’s stuff in trash did you? you responsibly peddled his flight of the conchords dvds on ebay and reuse his t-shirt as a kitchen rag.

you can employ the same strategy to recycle those business cards! after all, they bear your name and lend more credibility than scrawling on a person’s forearm. the fact that they are a free and do not promote arborcide (yes, that is really a word!) are icing on the cake.

step 1: cut away any parts of the card that mention your old company’s name or contact info. let this be a cathartic experience. breathe deeply or chant or something.

step 2: apply a thin layer of glue to the back of the card. i know, not as cool as step 1.

step 3: cut out a piece of recycled paper (i used old notepads that i had in my desk with my name on them) that match the dimensions of your card. you can get crazy with it and print designs, pics, or your logo on it first if you like.

step 4: gently line the paper backing up to your card and press in place.

step 5: flip the card over and write in any info that you cut in step 1 - but remember to use your personal info instead of your former employer’s.

et voila!
Bus Card3.jpg
Bus Card2.jpg

Closed!