Alias 2010 Vs Rhino 5 and the future outlook?

seems like english might be a second language for that guy ( also wonder if i met him on my internship), but he makes many valid, if vague, points about downstream user connectivity (modeling tolerances, etc) and bigger picture tools like lattice and transformer rig, which i’ve used and are extremly powerful, allowing you to manipulate a whole assembly of surfaces much like you’d direct model a single surface by moving CV’s, in fact i’d like to add those tools to assets of alias that no other software out there can currently touch.

he’s basically saying that if you are working in a relative vacuum in terms of process and your surface data does not need to transfer seemlessly downstream to an engineer as production surface than by all means use rhino, but if what you are creating is production surface, alias is the better tool. i get the feeling that most people here aren’t approaching this topic in terms of the grander product development process which he is addressing, so if that’s not a consideration than that argument may not apply at all.

i do also agree with him that solid modeling tools are poorly equiped for creative and organic surfacing, despite a lot of talk here at core and elsewhree blowing smoke up the behind of solidworks and pro-e