1HDC - 09.02 - Discussion - Business Card Hack

would anyone like to discuss what they like or dislike about the entries so far? i like the emergency sunglasses. although i think the chamfer needs to be a little larger because it appears as though it would uncomfortably chop down on the users nose.

i’m not really feeling the wire holder. functionally it works, but so does duct tape. this is a design comp. and it just seems to me that a little more thought could have gone into the aesthetics of the design while still achieving a functional result.

and vice versa for the snowflake. the person just took someone else’s design and made it out of business cards. i mean come on. it’s a i hour DESIGN challenge. that doesn’t mean go out and find the most challenging design and copy it. by the look of the craftsmanship that went into the snowflake, i’m sure that person could have come up with their own idea.

i’m not trying to pis anyone off. just trying to give some constructive feedback, and stir things up a little so people will start discussing their opinions about the entries.
after all most of us are designers or are aspiring to become a professional designer, and discussion is the only way to turn a good idea into a great idea.

come on guys and gals!
What are you thinking?