1HDC 09.02 - Business Card Submission Forum

(Yes, those are sticky-posts and not business cards because I couldn’t find any that I’m willing to cut-up. Sorry I didn’t have time to look for other business cards but the idea is still the same.)

With a few cuts and a hole puncher, a business card can be used to keep paper organized.

Use just one, it can make a small notepad from scrap paper or keep random sticky notes together in a pile. Or, just use it to keep other business cards in a stack.

Use three, it can even keep sheets of paper together as a booklet when a stapler can’t do the job.

It holds pretty well even without tape if you tuck-in the center piece after the loop. (You can sort of see it in the blue-paper picture)

I was also thinking it can also be combined to make curtains/blinds because they can also attach to each other…

The idea is very simple: Share your contacts with more relevant people with just one business card in an analog way.
The front side of your business card has your contact info, the back has smaller post-it like mini-cards. Watch the video for details :bulb:

1HDC3.jpg
1HDC2.jpg
1HDC1.jpg

Sometimes there was heavy sunshine when you haven’t prepare sunglasses, it can help you to protect your eye s from glare reflected light or snow-covered land

My card is part seed paper, part paper. Tear off the seed paper and plant, use the remaining card as a plant flag with my info on it, flower type on the back side. We typically use flowers to think of, or remind others of us, I thought it was appropriate.

keep your tea bag afloat, then use as a spoon rest

here i go.
Hope you like it.

this is my product that can be used in various ways.One of it’s usage is a charm that itself can be used in various ways and it’s a useful thing.
good luck to everyone! :slight_smile:[/url]

A simple and quick way to use that sushi restaurants business card as a chopstick rest. :smiley:

This design is purely decorational. Not completely my design - I took a very cool 3D snowflake design ( How to Make a 3D Paper Snowflake: 12 Steps (with Pictures) ) and applied it to business cards. Took several modifications to get it to work at such a small scale. Can be used as a christmas ornament!

Imagine I am an architect and this is my business card. My hack would be converting it into a house :slight_smile:

The model shown alongside is an alternative use for a standard business card that I thought of;
with six simple cuts and one fold the card becomes a u-clip that can be clipped on to any edge and can hold multiple items such as a bunch of papers, cards, keys and can also be used to safely wrap your ear-phones around.
With various business cards of different colors, designs, the u-clip can look decorative as well.

Feedback would be appreciated.

continued…

First post! Figured I’d give it a try.

This next video documents the thought process of designing and
making the Hula Guy Business Card. Though this design was completed
from start to finish in less than an hour, it took twice as long to film with my
digital camera. My cameras memory would fill up in 5-8 minutes of shooting
and then I would have to download the video. A few of the beginning and
end shots were re-filmed due to lost content. Needless to say, I will never
try filming another long video with this camera again.

Enjoy!

process:

process-part2:
instruction.jpg

I’m gonna hold you to that. The card itself may not be 3d, but how you interact with it is. The video explains most of it. Not the most novel thing in the world, but for industries that involve a lot of 3D work, it could be interesting, if not gimmicky.

Whoever said “work first, play later” had it all wrong

In case no one could tell, i’ve been having a lot of fun with this 1hdc.

this is a card concept for some sort of photo/framing company.

A pictures worth a thousand business cards, woops…i mean words.
frame 1.jpg
frame 2.jpg

it’s my first time to 1 hour design challenge. in my design bussiness caed is not only a media to introduce yourself but only a media to send your love or any words u want 2 say.
IMG0176A.jpg