What if Global Warming is a Red Herring?

Toxicity is an important issue. Consumption is an issue, although I don’t believe that should be forced upon anyone. I do not, however, believe that global warming and carbon dioxide emissions are an issue.

Please consider the following:

1 - Scientists do not know what the cause/effect relationship is between C02 levels and temperature, only that there seems to be one.

2 - How do we know what Earth’s ideal temperature is?

3 - Why is C02 a bad thing? Won’t plants balance C02 levels on their own?

4 - Scientists make lots of mistakes. Last year they discovered the Milky Way is twice as big as they thought it was.
http://www.usyd.edu.au/news/84.html?newsstoryid=2163

5 - When is “the debate over” in science? I don’t believe it ever was, or ever will be. Just because we know a lot now, does not mean we know all, or even most of what there is to know.

6 - Consensus does not prove facts. History offers many examples of this, including heliocentrism, the flat earth, etc.

7 - Climate alarmism has been occurring regularly for the last century or so. It sells news. The Boston Globe tells the history here:

8 - People need a new moral code to replace the religions they’re leaving behind. The green lifestyle has filled this emotional need. ‘What’s right for the planet’ replaces traditional values.

9 - As more people are becoming aware of the facts, they realize that man-made global warming alarmism is a fraud. The problem never was stupidity, it was ignorance. Most people don’t care enough to find out things for themselves, but misinformation can only hold up for so long.

*Please do not take my comments as anti-environment. Obviously, we need clean air and water, and should rethink our attitude towards products. I’m as much a conservationist as anyone else. However, I don’t believe this is in any way related to carbon dioxide or the earth’s temperature.

Please check out this article on global warming. It’s on an environment web site for pete’s sakes!

http://www.ecoworld.com/features/2008/02/07/a-case-against-climate-alarmism/

One quote from the above link reads as follows:

“The notion of a static, unchanging climate is foreign to the history of the earth or any other planet with a fluid envelope. The fact that the developed world went into hysterics over changes in global mean temperature of a few tenths of a degree will astound future generations.”

Thank you.