What if Global Warming is a Red Herring?

Yes … Capitalizing on the green brand doesn’t mean they don’t care about global warming. And yes there are others who don’t really get it or feel it, and adopt the “trend” .

Consideration for our habitat even for selfish reasons is the wise things to do.
GW have already triggered changes , and it will only get worse… And i am not talking about drought, desertification, raising levels of ocean and sea waters.
One very disturbing things are conflicts that will arise because of climate changes…
Did you know it’s one of the main causes of Darfur?

The original question if Global Warming is paraded by marketer only interest me superficially.

But i am very very concerned not only about Global Warming and green house gases, but contamination of the environment and the threat ecosystems, and for humans. mercury in fishes, carbon in our lungs, exposure to toxic substances, from teflon and aluminium in cookware, to research about the harmful effects of mobile phone and wireless radiation links to cancer. To the manufacturing process, the search of cheaper and cheaper labor, the working conditions, etc …

Something is wrong with the system
And it is irresponsible to not try to correct it

I read this story on Atlantic Review discussing tactics employed by oil companies similar to those used by the tobacco companies of sponsoring covert front groups/writers to exaggerate uncertainties regarding the effects of tobacco on health

“conspiring to cover up the threat of man-made climate change, in much the same way the tobacco industry tried to conceal the risks of smoking—by using a series of think tanks and other organizations to falsely sow public doubt in an emerging scientific consensus”

Ionically two lawyers who were on opposite sides, one suing Phillip Morris and the other who defended PM in the case were they settled for billions of dollars are now working together in a case against Oil Companies

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200806/conspiracy/2