Why did you choose your school?

i applied to 3 places (lboro, brunel, and glasgos school of art), and got accepted to the first two - both with excellent reputations, etc etc
i was told by those ‘in the know’; (ie teachers etc), that i should go with loughborough… but i didnt, i ended up at brunel. why?
brunel is on the edge of london, whereas lbroro is out in the sticks. i felt design and my design education would be enhanced by access to all the culture that london has to offer… and so far id say that has worked out - ive been to several exhibitions etc.
the other main point that made me pick brunel was the possibility of going abroad, either an industrial placement or an exchange period… lbroro seemed to say it might be possible but it didnt seem to be encouraged or common…
thirdly, brunels projects and degree show projects seemed that little bit more… varied, although the quality was of an equal standard
on the other hand lboro had better facilities, but i felt that the design culture i felt at brunel outweighed that. both have excelent replutations, so that didnt really go one way or the other

would i make the same choice again? at the moment yes, but ive only been here since september… so there is plenty of time for me to either regret or be gald of my choice. hopefully ill remain happy with it…

regards

Mayo