1HDC 09.01 - Discussion Forum

So when and where will we know who the winners are?

Thanks for the compliment benny…I also like the energy star concept. I think it would have great potential when applied to a zero-emission form of transportation like skateboarding.

I was digging your cafe wall griptape pattern. It was easily the most trippy of the geometric patterns submitted.

Some of my other favorites include guntar’s bulldozed asphalt wave, lorenzo’s character, and mikeserafin was bringing some good concepts to the table too.

It would be interesting to study the submissions for things they shared in common as pier pointed out. I was humored by the hot dog patterns.

BRIEF:
After a string of increasingly complex 1HDCs we figure it’s time for a simpler task…

The beauty of simplicity is that it’s actually quite difficult to achieve wherein lies some great challenges especially when you consider the pencil and the paper clip. I think judging this competition will be the opposite of simple.

49 pages :open_mouth:

Should we brew some coffee for the judges?

Looks like its gonna be an all-nighter…

Good luck everyone!

haha! if we hear something back today I’d be :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’s a very good question, that I don’t have a good answer for. :confused:

I posted my images within the time line, however unfortunately to the main forum as a “new topic” not inside the “Submission Forum”

Are they still included for the challenge?

nope.

just deleted them.

Its seems that due to interface confusion during posting, we had misplaced our images. We were within the time line.
We respectfully request that our submission be included.

It’s done. 46 pages worth of entries were able to get it right.

ibtl.gif

Greenman, you sir, get the award, automatically…

…Jordie Laforge :laughing:

LOL damn right :smiley:

when is the result wili be announced

I’d be interested in hearing some of the things that inspired everyone’s submissions.

I thought I’d share some of what shaped my designs of the concepts for New Energy:

This is the windmill used for vector artwork. The realty office is in background.

Billboard for Hammock Bay…I thought they had a great match for the blue in the billboard against the sky. At least this day at this particular time…I also liked the interplay of the greens and the blues with clouds.

A billboard of that size covered with photovoltaic panels could charge 3 neighborhood electric vehicles (NEV’s).

As you can imagine with 46 pgs and ppl from four corners of the continent to contend with, coming to a concensus is not instantaneous. We appreciate your patience on this one. We’re hoping to announce by mid-next week.

As soon as possible, is the best answer I can give you right now.

You all made it even harder by providing some seriously cool stuff.

wow 729 submissions it looks like aye?..I think its going to be tough, there were so many good takes on this one.

I’m wondering how much a non-branded approach to this will help/hurt some submissions. I’m also thinking that some of these submissions would be great just as screened-on prints for the bottom of the board or under a single layer of clear grip, considering the application process for grip tape/complexity limit was a tad bit vague in the beginning

Conscensus, I believe, is going to be tough. That said, we’re hoping for a conclusion tomorrow.

The suspenders are killin’ me!

We’re going to cut the suspenders soon…I promise.

If you haven’t seen the post on the main page (here) the winners for this month’s 1HDC have been announced:

The results are in! The latest 1 Hour Design Challenge: Laser-cut Grip Tape Inlay for a Longboard brought the largest number of entries in the history of the 1HDC, with participants uploading an incredible array of grip tape graphic designs.

Huge thanks to our sponsors on this challenge: Ponoko and Bustin Boards, who have been extremely generous with their offerings. It was a really tough call for the judges, but here are the winners:

“Day of the Dead” designed by delaojoser

“Freedom” designed by leebaz

“Muse 2” designed by b_fuzz

The judges also decided to award a special “King of the 'boards” award to…jerry! who uploaded over 60 designs to this 1HDC. Bustin has generously offered to custom print jerry’s “Alligator Clip” design on one of their boards!

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated!

Is this jerry the who cried over not winning the sick ass car rendering?