Why did you choose your school?

Only applied to 3 schools, accepted into all.
-School #1 started sending me form letters claiming I needed to pay back my old student loans already. Crossed them off the list immediately.
-School #2 was in my same city. I really wanted to go to a new place so I picked…
-School #3. Campus looked cool from the small pictures I saw in a private art college catalog. Seemed like the facilities would be cool. Never got a chance to visit beforehand.

But to qualify… I didn’t really know anything about applying to colleges, etc, was the first in my family + friends to ever do it. Didn’t know anything about my schools reputation, never heard of it. After I was accepted already, my high school art teacher said it was a pretty good school. I also originally went for illustration. With my background, the only thing I knew about any art was comic books, bob ross, and norman rockwell.

Knowing what I know now would I have gone? Tough one. Never heard of ID before going there, learned about it from my friends and roomates. I think I would’ve still gone because I was a very rigid and analytical thinker before going. It did help me explore new things / points of views I would’ve never thought of.
I would say yes, the experience was invaluable. I just wish that I knew about ID before going there so that I would know how to ask the right questions to get the education I wanted. All I ever knew / understood about ID was what I learned from the school, which was definitely not the best place to have your only understanding of ID come from.