1HDC 09.01 - Discussion Forum

First of all, how many competitions have you entered where, about half way through, they say, “oh, by the way…just thought we should give you some further input about the parameters of what we’re looking for”.

That’s the basic argument I have after submitting 26 entries which were based off of internet sources. At least 30 minutes were spent on each which comes out to at least 13 hours of driving in the wrong direction. Needless to say, it’s time that could’ve been better spent. Who wouldn’t be upset about that? But, I’m over that now…

Second, who are you to judge the methods by which we create the art that’s submitted:

Andy Warhol didn’t “design” the soup can but he did make it art.

I’m going to assume you’re up to par on historic pop art figures. We can debate how you define design as a verb or noun but the fact of the matter is there’s still an unanswered question regarding the constraints.

The tolerance question right now is the biggest thing and the application process could use some more defining. Otherwise, I feel comfortable thus far with the recent change but I’m only speaking for myself.

Again, people can make me out to be the bad guy or just someone who’s inclined to do the best he can. I don’t have a problem following the rules but I will take issue when I see something that needs to be addressed.

I will say that I do appreciate the Bustin sponsorship and hope to finish in the top 3 because there’s plenty of Panama City Beach I could explore from the deck of a Bustin skateboard which would be sweet!