1HDC 09.01 - Discussion Forum

Yes, thank you for this clarification almost 2 weeks after the start of this competition. Jeez…

I just went through the ‘submission’ forum to delete my posts where I used internet sources. It easily took me about a half hour per submission regardless of whether I sourced something from the internet or had it birthed from my head.

R does have some of the same questions I have…

I worked in a sign shop where vinyl artwork used for painting masks were cut with a bladed printer. The sheet of vinyl with the cut artwork was still intact as the blade only cut to a certain depth. A transfer sheet was then placed over the artwork so that the unneeded areas (weeding) could be removed prior to placing the adhesive side of the artwork to the surface to be painted. The transfer sheet helped to maintain the registration and integrity of the artwork. I was curious to know more details about the griptape process to administer the cut artwork to the wood…I’m only assuming it’s quite similar. But you know what happens I assume…

I look forward to how this will change things…of course, some entries have totally not followed the constraints at all so I can only wonder that some people will only disregard this update if they don’t care to read the ‘discussion’ forum.

No sweat though, still a good outlet for me.

The irony is that I was just looking to buy a BMW Streetcarver right before this competition went live. I’d much rather have something I designed versus that skateboard…so you definitely deserve kudos on the Bustin sponsorship!

Okay, back to the vector drawing board…

pee sout