1HDC 09.01 - Discussion Forum

We knew there would be a lot of interest in this one, but wow…21 pages of entries with 2 weeks left is pretty mind blowing. We are loving the diversity of thoughts and images that are going into this month’s competition. Due to the overwhelming number of entries we thought it would be prudent to let people know a few things that may be able direct the last two weeks worth of entries a bit:

The winner’s board is going to be assembled by hand. Wee tiny little pieces will be difficult to place accurately. This will be considered in judging.

While we fully understand that skating and grip tape application is about self-expression, one thing is becoming apparent in the discussions amongst the judges - there is an affinity towards “custom” artwork.

What I am getting at is that we are looking for something that is your creation. We would like to see more work that is less a screen grab of something off the net and more of something straight from your mind. Spend an hour to design your board, not 10 minutes surfing the web looking for a cool photo to repurpose onto a board.

I definitely don’t want to stem the freedom of expression on this one. I am wanting to let everyone know what is going to give you the best opportunity to win.