1HDC 09.01 - Discussion Forum

Some questions-

You mention small pieces are hard to apply. Would the griptape not be applied similar to how cut vinyl graphics are applied with a semi-adhesive topsheet so that all spaces are preserved on application? If not, I don’t rally see the point of being able to do small bits on griptape with laser cutting if they can’t be applied…?

Also, are we to approach this more as a functional problem (ie. small pieces may look nice but would likely peel off easy), or a graphic one?

You also mentioned there is black and clear grip tape. If so, wouldn’t it be OK to have less than 80% coverage of the black (positive) tape, if the negative is clear griptape? Or am I misunderstanding it and the negative space is actually wood showing thru, not clear tape?

One further thing…What’s the deal with using other people’s graphics in the application? I would think this is a no-no (copyright infringement to say the least), but it does seem that several concepts grab a pic/illustration from the internet and stick it on… you might want to clarify this…

Good 1HDC BTW, I will for sure be entering a bunch!

R