1HDC 08.08 - Voting Booth - Submission Forum

The Mobile Voting Station:

Back before I left for Canada, my voting location was in a church near my house. This always seemed odd, considering the separation of church and state and all that jazz…

In addition to the suspect location, the voting locations always seemed like half-cocked bake sales with nice people from the neighborhood volunteering their time to run the polls. There was always a concern in the back of my mind as to whether or not everyone really knew what they were doing and if my vote would be counted.

Therefore, my solution is to create a mobile voting station from recycled 40’ cargo containers. These stations can be dropped off all over the city (espectially near areas where people may not be inclined to vote) Set them up early to register people to vote, then bring them back for the actual election. The station would be ran by volunteers or paid staff wearing simple uniforms to help create an overall sense of professionalism. The large metal containers will give the sense of security to those casting their vote and the station will always be a neutral location.