1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! - Discussion

Yesterday was about venting.

It’s Friday, a new day, and still would like to discuss objectively about the whole judging process.

Part of the criteria of this competition was to deliver a sketch and also a 2 minute video. All 3 of the winners had videos greater than 2 minutes.

To be > eligible > you must video tape yourself spilling your ink and your soul into this one. We will then ask you to compress that one hour down into a 2 Minute Video and post it, along with an image of the final rendering, for the world to see.

If a video exceeded the time constraints, how can they still be eligible?
I don’t think it’s fair to everyone else who followed the rules.

I’ve entered several film slams where I’ve submitted video without music or dialogue. Some of the feedback I’ve received I can share with you here.

If you’re watching a two-minute video without anything to audibly engage the viewer, it’s a challenge to keep interest in the video portion. Some of the videos here did a good job of tying the visual and audio portions together. Several videos had some annoying background noise throughout the video.

I love making videos so I only hope the encourage everyone with some useful criticism.

I’ve used Windows Movie Maker in the past. It gets the job done and is a good basic start when venturing into the video realm as a new media.

Lately, I’ve been using Pinnacle Studio 12: Enhanced Version - Pinnacle Studio: Video Editing Software & Screen Recorder

It’s only $100 and gives more flexibility than WMM. You have a layer for video, sound effects, titles, and music with the ability to modify sound levels as well and can export in a variety of formats.

Video is also very demanding to work with. It takes up a lot of space and memory so it helps to keep like 10gb of free space for those operations. It also wouldn’t hurt to keep up with regular maintenance with Disk Cleanups and Defragging the harddrive.

Thanks again to everyone who entered.