1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! - Discussion

I am glad to be selected as the 2nd place entry, but understand the feelings of the upset entrants who spent time setting up and crafting work that met the project brief, criteria and entrance spec to then be disqualified by the contest moderator pre industry professional judging effort.

The promise of the contest was based on the premise that if you met the criteria and made the effort to enter Mr. Gilles would view your work.
In the brief core77 made no mention of a moderators short list based on his personal judgement.
Had this been a part of the brief, few if any entrants would have made the effort to enter, however it would have been fair.

This was a simple contest with simple rules and an exciting promise that got people fired up. To amend the rules mid stream is uncool to say the least.

Above all you disappointed a hand full of people who spent time entering, met all the criteria and would have been good competition for the seven of us you selected.
From Jason Ho, David Hu, Don Stiff and three or four others who made the effort and completed in some cases entered Sick ass work, I am bummed that you got the shaft too.

Shame on you Core77. You are more professional than that.

This is my little personal rant and karma alignment.
So everyone understands, This is my personal opinion and has nothing to do with the opinions or feelings of the studio I work for.
In general I enjoy Core 77 and believe it to be an exceptional group of dedicated design enthusiasts. Our studio loves Core77.

Lets make sure the next one is on the level so I can convince people to enter again.

Regards,

Paul Kirley