1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! Submission Forum

recipe086.jpg

This is a quick sketch of a Buick. I wanted to have fun with it and keep it fresh. It took me 60 min.

I’m not a car designer, but sometimes I like to draw them …

here’s the link to my video:

… sorry it’s sideways : /

My entry!

I dangled a webcam from a chandelier to record this and used Windows Movie Maker to speed up the vid. My ipod kept going into power-saving mode and would turn the screen off, so you’ll see me tapping the screen to keep it on.

Name: Jason Ho
Birthplace: Hong Kong
Citizenship: Canadian
Current School: College for Creative Studies
Term: 3rd Term Sophomore

Done using Photoshop CS3 on a Cintiq 12wx
This was a fun project, haven’t ever pushed myself to render this fast. It was a great learning experience. Hope to hear more feedback from the design community.

Here’s mine. Total time about 35 min.

hmm…

This post got me back into drawn up cars. It was great fun, but MAN… its hard drawing cars!

i hope you enjoy my contribution!!

zen

I like the hatchback format for its size, ease of use, relative capacity, and low mpg. This one is intended to run on electric motors (hybrid or battery).

I had no color marker, so i tried to use blue plastic folder. So, my car is blue…
Sorry for the low quality of the video, this is a 1st experience, next time i’ll improve.

My video on youtube :

My first ever car render. thought id give it a go but finished and cannot time lapse the video, any help? Vid is too large to upload at current length.

Definitions:
Sick - To set upon; attack.
American Heritage Dictionary

Ass - the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on;“are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?”
WordNet

Car - the part of an elevator, balloon, modern airship, etc., that carries the passengers, freight, etc.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Rendering - a translation
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Video Entry:

(Streetfire.net) = http://upload.streetfire.net/video/1HDC-Sick-Ass-Car-01_187626.htm

(YouTube) = Core77.com 1HDC: Sick-Ass Car Renderings - YouTube

For anyone who knows me, they would know my fascination with the Tango, a narrow-lane vehicle made by CommuterCars Corporation in Spokane, Washington.

What appeals to me the most about their car isn’t just its performance with 0-60mph times of 4 seconds or being able to complete the quarter-mile in 12 seconds. The Tango all seeks to address other issues like reducing congestion on our highways which is most easily remedied by widening roadways and costs taxpayers billions of dollars.

Even without construction to cause delays most traffic on our highways is the result of commuters who drive alone in a 5-passenger vehicle.

What if a mass-produced car could offer the performance of a Dodge Viper with the evasive abilities of a jackrabbit.

Video Entry:

(Streetfire.net) = http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1HDC-Sick-Ass-Car-02_187640.htm

(YouTube) = Core77.com 1HDC: Sick-Ass Car Renderings - YouTube

Airboats are easily one of the most versatile vehicles and can be of extreme benefit in recovery efforts after hurricanes and severely flooded areas.

A reminder that you should paste a jpg of your rendering in your post, as well as a link to your video. Thanks.

This is the worst vehicle I have traveled in India. It is called an Auto. It is a three wheeler vehicle without a reverse gear! A maximum of 3 can sit in the rear and the driver sits in the front.

This sketch took me just about 1hr. LOL! after I took the shots only I realized that I had forgotten to place a timer in the scene. Check out the stop motion video on You Tube:

auto_onehr_design_challenge.jpg

I had a lot of fun with this. Thanks for having the contest. Well done to all who entered!

Check out my stuff at

I’m assuming that we can submit more than 1 entry. Here’s my 2nd:

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My friend is too special to create a username, so I’m submitting this for him:

Hello! I don’t have a video, and I was therefore not going to submit anything, but… well, winning was obviously not a consideration, and it looks like such fun.

This is my first post so I hope I did everything correctly:

ISO-Container Car
10ft full or half height ISO container sized when folded
Inflatable nose and tail sections protected by metal bottom plates
Stackable, transporatble with normal ISO containers
4 wheel electric drive and steering
Small array of batteries in floor for ballast
Extended range provided by pantograph or turbine unit