1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! Submission Forum

Hey Im one of many design school graduates aspiring to become a car designer someday. I have attached my my final jpeg below of the final rendering and the time lapse video link is the following:

Anyways, enjoy and good luck to all the contestants!

Cheers,
Om

freehand paper sketch

enjoy,

good luck to everyone.

jonas

Inspired by Yo!'s call to action, I did another one (and it is a Jeep!). I didn’t have another hour to do a full blown rendering, so instead I followed Yo!'s lead and threw one down in real time. 6minutes and change. The soundtrack was the first thing I came across in my music library that was long enough to play through the whole thing and is in no way a subtle jab at Chrysler quality control :wink:

Anyway, this one is a new-gen Cherokee. It’s a little sportier than the last one and blends an arcing A-C pillar with the traditional solid rectilinear body.

Video is at:

(be patient, it was still processing when I posted!)

Oh, and this one isn’t over my shoulder either, but I just couldn’t figure out a good way to set that up at my desk (this one was done at home)!

a 2 seater…macrolon greenhouse, electric…

2015 maybe?

Here’s mine.

Song is keltech strikes back by DJ keltech

I didn’t realize that we had to record our submissions. A tripod would be a red flag that I was doing something non-work related. I will get to setting up a tripod sometime this weekend perhaps. This is a car in very loose terms.

In the future roads will be retired due to the high cost of asphalt so a giant rail system will be built. These electric powered human gerbil balls will rule the rails. Also, since it’s the future everyone will have glass bubble helmets, but no jumpsuits, that’s silly.

Thats it. I’m giving up.

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here, and I thought the one hour challenge would be a good place to start. So, here is my attempt, with video:

I finally got my tripod back, here’s my entry: It’s a sweet ass modified chrysler aspen, rally edition.

I see at least a 2nd place here! Nice Benny, your template flip me out.

… jst hope u lke the design of the car… m not sure how much eligible i am as the clock on the window may not be readible on the tubes vedio…but plz coment :smiley:

…this vedio is squeezed horizontly but the actual stuff looks lke the one in the jpg below

Thanks for the fun opportunity to sketch some cars core 77!

-don stiff
stuart karten design
www.kartendesign.com

video is posted here: Core 77 one hour car design challenge - YouTube

We Had a great time with this challenge at Stuart Karten Design. I chose the Mopar late 60’s -70’s as my design direction. Thanks core77 and Mr. Gilles for the time and effort.

Regards,

Paul Kirley

Video Posted Here; one hour car design challenge core 77 - YouTube

Posting on the behalf of my boy…Steven Green

2 cars

Sketched

Rendered

In 30 minutes…

recipe086.jpg

This is a quick sketch of a Buick. I wanted to have fun with it and keep it fresh. It took me 60 min.

I’m not a car designer, but sometimes I like to draw them …

here’s the link to my video:

… sorry it’s sideways : /

My entry!

I dangled a webcam from a chandelier to record this and used Windows Movie Maker to speed up the vid. My ipod kept going into power-saving mode and would turn the screen off, so you’ll see me tapping the screen to keep it on.

Name: Jason Ho
Birthplace: Hong Kong
Citizenship: Canadian
Current School: College for Creative Studies
Term: 3rd Term Sophomore

Done using Photoshop CS3 on a Cintiq 12wx
This was a fun project, haven’t ever pushed myself to render this fast. It was a great learning experience. Hope to hear more feedback from the design community.

Here’s mine. Total time about 35 min.