1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! - Discussion

it was just a test of the pic posting as it wasn’t working before. Just a page I had laying around on my desktop, that’s all. not supposed to be relevant or have any other meaning :slight_smile:

R

Hmm. . . That’s my description on the front page all right, but it isn’t my video! A little misleading to say the least. Maybe they chose that video because it has a sound track while mine doesn’t (hints of the opening ceremonies at the Olympics)?

Actually, my guess is that it is a simple mistake!?

I saw that video on Youtube while uploading my own, but interestingly enough it hasn’t been entered as a submission yet.

Can somebody fix this please!

Hmm. . . That’s my description on the front page all right, but it isn’t my video!

I just noticed that too, big oops, maybe youtube problem?[/url]

@ osuthar, very nice!

I’d still love to see some specific Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep type product.

I made this the subject of the most recent c77 sketch demo: A small Dodge hybrid commuter type deal.

Cool sketch Yo!

I did this one yesterday, sans camera and automotive design sensitivity (30 minutes or so). One of these years I’ll get around to figuring out how to draw cars :confused:

I think the front has the start of something, but everything is outta wack…

GREAT submissions so far guys.

dude, submit that, it’s pretty hot. I like it, would be a sweet hot wheels Also digging the hubless wheels.

very interesting to see some of Bradley’s work here.

I’m actually reading a book about the history of Hot Wheels. Bradley was influential in their beginning but he struggled to cross over from car design into toy design and eventually left Mattel.

The company has an intriguing story which I’d recommend for people looking to get into either industry. Some nice renderings and models in the book as well.

Good book so far…

So if anyone else recorded video but not as a timelapse, I figured out that Quicktime Pro can export a movie as a series of image (1 per second…for example) and then recompile as a movie… just FYI.

Nice work so far but, we need some more entries, 2 days left, come on people!

Its pretty cool to see some new stuff up here. Very impressive skill for just a one hour time period. Great detail with the digital and analog work.

I’m guessing from the instructions that I’m supposed to also post my entry here in the discussion forum, so here it is!

Materials used: pen, copic markers, and nupastels. Time: 51 min.

Svenson, that is sick!

for me personally that is the most impressive one so far, love how its not digital and you’ve used markers.

-Michael Tinstman
-DavidHu

like the compacts!

svensson, top notch. love the emotion in the rendering and the analog (pen/marker) tools. makes be almost take back my previously expressed interest in SBP (though i’m sure the same feel rendering could be done digitally).

I’ve been looking at a lot of renderings lately, and have been quite enamored with the digital fluency of the tools available, but most don’t seem to somewhat have that visceral quality of a loose marker sketch such as yours.

I used to have a book titled (i think) Japanese Marker rendering while in school aways back that had lots of this kinda stuff, but somehow in my travels the book has gone missing. If anyone else has links to this/similar books featuring such techniques, it would be greatly appreciate if you could post/PM me.

also, svensson, Im curious, where do you work?

R

PS. I also wish that all those YouTube videos were available at a higher quality. svensson, if you have a larger size vid you could post or email to me, it would be much appreciated.

I’ve submitted a 2nd entry - a sedan:

could any mod move it in my post on submission thread?

here it is.

hmm something is wrong with my video… its like 6 mins… WTF??
and sorry about quality… i used my web cam.

Yowza!

I go into hibernation for a few days and come back to a small pile of truly hot sketches/vids.

Great work everyone! You definitely surprised me with the quality.

Very inspiring.

when are the results? :blush:

to echo R, it would be great if we could see a better quality video of your sketch demo svenson

Thanks Sketchme and rkuchinsky,
I’m rendering a HD file for Vimeo right now.
About my work. I employ myself. Currently doing 3d modeling, rendering, illustration. sort of on standby at the time. I have a BA degree at product design and definitely looking forward to work on design projects, but it’s hard to get constant product design work in a small country like Estonia.

FYI, I’m going to be reuploading my video to youtube. For some reason it’s extremely choppy, the video is NOT like that on my computer. I also have another one almost done, way better than my first, but sadly I didn’t make the cut. I’ll probably post it here when it’s done, just for fun.

• Rob