1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! Submission Forum

quantity instead of video. drawin’ cars is fun…some more people should get in on this!

this one’s pretty cartoon-ish, but i ran out of time…

My 20min sketch …… :smiley:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2905365996795819547
CarADD1.jpg

Just a warmup. The linework wound up taking me 40 minutes, so the total was 1.5 hours. Need to find some more speed.

I’m a mopar fan from back in the day, so this is my homage to the original 1955 300C, with some elements of Ralph’s new 300C thrown into it. I’m also a sucker for slammed wagons with surfboards… so… yeah. Next one will be faster.

I have no idea why it won’t let me attach the file so I hosted it somewhere else

1hr-challenge-Lucaswade_sm.jpg

So I was thinking, make a sick-ass car rending or use a new “technologically” advanced Lego ultra car. So I leave you with this, “Say H-E-L-L-O to my little Mars Rover!”
Mars Rover_Context.jpg
Moon Rover_Fire Jumper.jpg

“one” … sketchbook and photoshop ran out of time to do the details on the windscreen and front grille and bumper … but a ;ittle better thann my first…
still can figure out this video thig hopefully will be with a video next time for now attached series of screenshots… thanks for the idea ’ bennybtl ’

Okay, so this whole video thing has proven to be a huge pain in the neck. I finally got it all sorted out and the results follow. Time is in the upper left corner of the screen (1s. recorded every 30s of real time, so the video appears pretty choppy - it actually surprised me how much of the time I’m not actually putting stylus to screen).

My rendering is of a small Italian exotic - think modern day Dino and you won’t be too far off. I know, I know, the perspective is a little forced and the back wheel is both too tall and narrow, but hey, I would have tweaked it if I weren’t so worried about the time limit!

Anyway, here is the Vid:

Damn! This is fun to watch.

Hey elliotts21, what was the Star Wars mix you had in your video?
My son had me play the video 3 more times so he could hear it again.

due to some confusion on someone’s part, Vaughn Ling (aka kakapoopie)'s video was posted on the front page with reference to Elliots21. It does not appear that Vaughn has posted his video or image yet, but it was under the related videos on youtube when viewing Elliots21’s video…breathe…
can’t wait to see Vaughn’s stuff, the kid is wild

oh yeah…Vaugh, what is the song, sounds like MixMasterMike doing an Imperial March remix, but that google search yielded a crazy $#!+ ton of garbage to filter through.

Our mistake about the misattributed video; all fixed up now!

Hey Im one of many design school graduates aspiring to become a car designer someday. I have attached my my final jpeg below of the final rendering and the time lapse video link is the following:

Anyways, enjoy and good luck to all the contestants!

Cheers,
Om

freehand paper sketch

enjoy,

good luck to everyone.

jonas

Inspired by Yo!'s call to action, I did another one (and it is a Jeep!). I didn’t have another hour to do a full blown rendering, so instead I followed Yo!'s lead and threw one down in real time. 6minutes and change. The soundtrack was the first thing I came across in my music library that was long enough to play through the whole thing and is in no way a subtle jab at Chrysler quality control :wink:

Anyway, this one is a new-gen Cherokee. It’s a little sportier than the last one and blends an arcing A-C pillar with the traditional solid rectilinear body.

Video is at:

(be patient, it was still processing when I posted!)

Oh, and this one isn’t over my shoulder either, but I just couldn’t figure out a good way to set that up at my desk (this one was done at home)!

a 2 seater…macrolon greenhouse, electric…

2015 maybe?

Here’s mine.

Song is keltech strikes back by DJ keltech

I didn’t realize that we had to record our submissions. A tripod would be a red flag that I was doing something non-work related. I will get to setting up a tripod sometime this weekend perhaps. This is a car in very loose terms.

In the future roads will be retired due to the high cost of asphalt so a giant rail system will be built. These electric powered human gerbil balls will rule the rails. Also, since it’s the future everyone will have glass bubble helmets, but no jumpsuits, that’s silly.

Thats it. I’m giving up.

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here, and I thought the one hour challenge would be a good place to start. So, here is my attempt, with video:

I finally got my tripod back, here’s my entry: It’s a sweet ass modified chrysler aspen, rally edition.

I see at least a 2nd place here! Nice Benny, your template flip me out.