1HDC 08.07 - Sick Ass Car Rendering!! - Discussion

Yeah, but sick ass is even more objective when the intent of the car isn’t really clear. WHat’s sick ass to me is a design that could actually be produced, considers human factors, engineering, etc. Other hacks may think ‘sick ass’ is just some crazy cool looking sketch with zero regard to powerplant, drivability, visibility, safety, etc.

Case in point: Wearable motorcycle - Core77

I think that is retarded. Other people think that’s sick ass.

So some feedback as to what they’re looking for here would be SUPER helpful. Do cars need wheels? Can they be hovercars like in minority report? Or should we focus more on something that could actually be a car?

We don’t want to close it off from blue sky. But, going by the idea that this is going to be seen by someone in the industry who will be picking the 3 finalists, I would probably lean towards producable within the next 5 - 10 years.

posted on the wrong thread… reposted i the submission thread…
and though the video recording dose introduce additional '‘tasks’ i think it should be ok…
----mkd----

interesting challenge!

but we have to post a video now? it will take forever with my slow internet connection!

anyway, I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with.

Again I am focusing more on the behavior and function :slight_smile:

lets have fun!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Great quality so far! I’m impressed.

Thanks to AFJ Gallery for posting these down in the transportation section last week. Some renderings by Harry Bradley from the 60’s for inspiration for you. DOn’t forget, our guest judge is from Chrysler! Lets see some 300’s, some Chargers, some Jeeps!

Some great stuff guys!

processlucas, very hot.

not able to post images to the submission forum since about 12 hours ago.
anything that i need to do , some new way of posting images? they are all standard jepeg format.
after choosing the file and pressing the add attachment button the page come reloads and does not show any attachment

I was having the same problem, so I just hosted them on an image hosting website, then did the img tag thing here.

the image attachment is now fixed thanks to the admin.

R

test:

thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I’m confused now. Were you trying to attach that picture of girls in the discussion forum?

it was just a test of the pic posting as it wasn’t working before. Just a page I had laying around on my desktop, that’s all. not supposed to be relevant or have any other meaning :slight_smile:

R

Hmm. . . That’s my description on the front page all right, but it isn’t my video! A little misleading to say the least. Maybe they chose that video because it has a sound track while mine doesn’t (hints of the opening ceremonies at the Olympics)?

Actually, my guess is that it is a simple mistake!?

I saw that video on Youtube while uploading my own, but interestingly enough it hasn’t been entered as a submission yet.

Can somebody fix this please!

Hmm. . . That’s my description on the front page all right, but it isn’t my video!

I just noticed that too, big oops, maybe youtube problem?[/url]

@ osuthar, very nice!

I’d still love to see some specific Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep type product.

I made this the subject of the most recent c77 sketch demo: A small Dodge hybrid commuter type deal.

Cool sketch Yo!

I did this one yesterday, sans camera and automotive design sensitivity (30 minutes or so). One of these years I’ll get around to figuring out how to draw cars :confused:

I think the front has the start of something, but everything is outta wack…

GREAT submissions so far guys.

dude, submit that, it’s pretty hot. I like it, would be a sweet hot wheels Also digging the hubless wheels.

very interesting to see some of Bradley’s work here.

I’m actually reading a book about the history of Hot Wheels. Bradley was influential in their beginning but he struggled to cross over from car design into toy design and eventually left Mattel.

The company has an intriguing story which I’d recommend for people looking to get into either industry. Some nice renderings and models in the book as well.

Good book so far…

So if anyone else recorded video but not as a timelapse, I figured out that Quicktime Pro can export a movie as a series of image (1 per second…for example) and then recompile as a movie… just FYI.

Nice work so far but, we need some more entries, 2 days left, come on people!