1HDC 08.06 - Back to School Bag! Discussion Forum

what i mean by A4 is that the size of what i see all common messenger type bags, or atleast the ones i own as well as when i shop for them is that they only comfortably fit an a4 sized paper /a4 marker pad in relation to the height. if you go above that i.e A3 then they dont close.

My main reason for doing that design was a long time pet hate of there not being a solution out their to cater for A3, that and all the added functionality they seem to be providing with bags which imo is just ridiculous, if i wanted a moving, portable file system… i’d buy a folder and then put that folder in my bag, likewise trying to cater for everything a student could possibly own… why? who carriers everything they own in a bag? Not only that but you shouldn’t either because it will destroy your back. Its very rare that i have seen anyone not have enough space in the bag to get themselves to and from lectures or class, and all the people i see in lectures tend to either have rucksacks or messnger bags.

The other annoyance i find is with the excessively large (in depth) shoulder bags the ones which carry your laptop, your folders, your lunch , seperate file structure pouch, mobile phone pouch, pouch for your ipod and pouch for your dog is that walking down a crowded corridor with them is a nightmare. Same for when on a bus or on a train or tube when someone has decided to put their whole life in a bag. Its a pain for the owner who struggles to make it down a tight area and a pain for the person who constantly gets bumped into and smashed about by the other persons bag.

Just seems frustrating to me that bag designers are making these all signing and dancing bags, when they dont cater for different mediums, and A3 at least within the design and arts (which is quite a large community) is quite a common and regular used format.

Rant over lol

And yeah i liked the hard topped bag, but as long as it didnt look like teeange mutant nija turtles… all i would want to do is spin around on my back