Favorite Lifting Music? or Just Favorite Music to Listen to?

Just trying to get put onto more new bands or artists for in the gym or out?

My taste ranges from Metallica to Migos, so my taste is pretty versatile, welcome any suggestions

Good you put that in off-topic…
The gym is just a weird environment - try putting on French pop music like Stromae.

Listening to a new track from my friend Paul: Stream Meditation KAIJU Style by FINAL KAIJU | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Recently, I ran across Chaz Jankel and his recent singles have lifted me up. Some of them are talking about the problems of our time, but with great optimism. I love Ai No Corrida too. Weird sounding movie, but incredible “get me up” music.

I like the idea of abstract meditative music during lifting (real lifting). As long as it brings in the energy.
Besides, the music doesn’t really have much to do with your lifting, since ‘motivation’ (I recently learned motivation is for a-holes and it’s about responsibility) has to come from within and the feeling inside the musculo-skeletal system.

I also like audioscape-type music like Tash Sultana.

If you’re into heavy music; Madball, A Ghost Inside, Bad Brains (if the mood/ workout calls for it). Aphex Twin, Big L, J Dilla sorta vibe whenever I’m sorting out combinations/ movements on the bag, or just want to focus on form first.

(somewhat famous essay from Henry Rollins… have always liked/agreed with the ballads part)

Yukio Mishima said that he could not entertain the idea of romance if he was not strong. Romance is such a strong and overwhelming passion, a weakened body cannot sustain it for long. I have some of my most romantic thoughts when I am with the Iron. Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body. Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn’t see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. > To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

March is usually a transition month for me and is the beginning of listening to newish music (Jeff Peterson slack key guitar, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard) after 3 months of listening to Classical (Russian composers in 22’) during the cold winter months. Summer is Rock and Pop. Fall is all Jazz.

In the gym lately…its the golf channel on the telescreen and Rush’s Exit Stage Left in the earbuds.

+1 King Gizzard