Does the wheel of fashion spin too fast?

The wheel of fashion spins as fast as the market demands.

Well in the old days you would get your classical tailored suit, your brocade shoe, your leather jacket or fur coat, and it would be a piece you would wear a lifetime. People still desire something that fits them exactly, but won’t accept the traditional values any longer. So there is fast fashion to give them many options. I agree that too many people stay in the consumer base of the quick and easy economy. At some point you discover values that truly fit you - it can be in the refinement of materials, eco-friendly clothing, high-tech wearables. But the desire for something long-lasting is still there. The wheel of fashion is a bit like a vortex in a bath tub, you can’t escape getting sucked into it, but when you’re on the other side it’s all much clearer where things are going and the sewer leads to an ocean indeed.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Pointing blame to anything other than demand is absurd. It is exactly the same as the drug “war”.
Stop demand and everything else comes to a screeching halt.

Personally, I buy last-year’s fashion because it is on sale and I have the luxury of buying any season at any time. God bless outlets.