Close

Of Martians and Potatoes

Postby KenoLeon » October 18th, 2015, 8:25 pm

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

Before we all relapse into StarWars fever, I would just like to bring up The Martian Have you seen it? did you like ? :) ( I did I, I loved it).

Minor ID related spoilers >>>

To me, the ID was mostly muted and in the background, with the notable exception of the Mars Rover and Duct Tape, but still, pretty accurate and down to earth (or mars I suppose) I usually go into these type of movies expecting transparent screens and impractical gadgets that are only there to advance the plot and look pretty ( I still love them), so I was pleasantly surprised by the restraint and focus on the story.

<<< End spoliers

Now let's talk about potatoes, specifically this one I found in my local market. Are we going to hell in easy to open superfluous packaging, or is it justifyable ( I think we are there and I have my doubts, but you be the judge ).

martianpotatoes.jpg
Whats next, Clamshells in plastic clamshells ?
martianpotatoes.jpg (87.88 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated"

Re: Of Martians and Potatoes

Postby engio » October 19th, 2015, 4:04 am

engio
full self-realization
full self-realization

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1671246/why ... nvironment

As authors Laurel Miller and Stephen Aldridge explain, an unwrapped cucumber will lose 3.5% of its weight after just three days of sitting out. Shrink-wrapping slows evaporation, keeping the cucumber fresh longer: A wrapped cucumber loses a mere 1.5% of its weight over two weeks.

Re: Of Martians and Potatoes

Postby KenoLeon » October 19th, 2015, 6:31 pm

KenoLeon
full self-realization
full self-realization

Ahhh, I agree that there might be some benefits, but I just ran the numbers and it is still a little baffling, that potato sells for $2.00 a piece, the cheapest non Organic equivalent I found was selling for 16 Cents a piece, that's a 1,150% increase or the equivalent of 12.5 potatoes, and potatoes last about 2-3 months in storage,plus at least here in California seem readily available, I guess folks will ultimately vote with their wallet...
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated"

Return to off topic