Close

Of Martians and Potatoes

Postby KenoLeon » October 18th, 2015, 8:25 pm

KenoLeon
step four
step four

Before we all relapse into StarWars fever, I would just like to bring up The Martian Have you seen it? did you like ? :) ( I did I, I loved it).

Minor ID related spoilers >>>

To me, the ID was mostly muted and in the background, with the notable exception of the Mars Rover and Duct Tape, but still, pretty accurate and down to earth (or mars I suppose) I usually go into these type of movies expecting transparent screens and impractical gadgets that are only there to advance the plot and look pretty ( I still love them), so I was pleasantly surprised by the restraint and focus on the story.

<<< End spoliers

Now let's talk about potatoes, specifically this one I found in my local market. Are we going to hell in easy to open superfluous packaging, or is it justifyable ( I think we are there and I have my doubts, but you be the judge ).

martianpotatoes.jpg
Whats next, Clamshells in plastic clamshells ?
martianpotatoes.jpg (87.88 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"We are surrounded with objects of desire, not objects of use.” Don Norman

Re: Of Martians and Potatoes

Postby engio » October 19th, 2015, 4:04 am

engio
full self-realization
full self-realization

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1671246/why ... nvironment

As authors Laurel Miller and Stephen Aldridge explain, an unwrapped cucumber will lose 3.5% of its weight after just three days of sitting out. Shrink-wrapping slows evaporation, keeping the cucumber fresh longer: A wrapped cucumber loses a mere 1.5% of its weight over two weeks.

Re: Of Martians and Potatoes

Postby KenoLeon » October 19th, 2015, 6:31 pm

KenoLeon
step four
step four

Ahhh, I agree that there might be some benefits, but I just ran the numbers and it is still a little baffling, that potato sells for $2.00 a piece, the cheapest non Organic equivalent I found was selling for 16 Cents a piece, that's a 1,150% increase or the equivalent of 12.5 potatoes, and potatoes last about 2-3 months in storage,plus at least here in California seem readily available, I guess folks will ultimately vote with their wallet...
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"We are surrounded with objects of desire, not objects of use.” Don Norman

Return to off topic