What ID is required?

My wife is traveling within the continental US, via USAirways, in April.

It’s been a while. What I.D. is required now? We’re getting conflicting information … two photo IDs, one photo ID.

Which is it?

Thx.

Just a Driver’s License or other State or Federally issued ID is all you need.

You’ll want to make sure the name on the ticket matches the ID identically, just to be safe. I got dirty looks with just Chris instead of Christopher like my ID says once.

I got dirty looks with just Chris instead of Christopher like my ID says once.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… … .

To make matters worse… . her birthday occurs between the time she leaves and returns. She went to California DMV this morning and was told that the turn-around time for having her “new” license in-hand is over 12 weeks!!! The DMV clerk then suggested that she get a US passport… . . . like that would take less than 12 weeks by itself.

Thanks Chris.

The expediting services can get one very quickly. www.passportexpress.com which now links to http://www.americanpassport.com/

Most states have an ID card. It looks similar to a Drivers License and you get them at the DMV. Check into that.

Here in the sunny North, they do the clip your license hand you a sheet of paper saying you’ve applied for a new one trick. Works at bars, and likely with the TSA. It’s probably worth checking though to get a photo ID instead of driver’s license. Although I’m sure it’s the same amount of paperwork.

Here in the sunny North, they do the clip your license hand you a sheet of paper saying you’ve applied for a new one trick.

That’s what she got, along with the “maybe you can get a passport” comment. California is so mired in burueucratic paperwork, mandatory state employee furlough days-off (DMV) and the like that it’ s impossible to do anything quickly.

The day has apparently come when Americans need a passport to travel within the continental United States.

About 2 years ago i flew from Boston to Raleigh and back with no ID just the credit card i purchased the ticket with. When i picked up my ticket at the counter i explained to them my lack of ID. They said that was fine but they marked my ticket “SSSS”. when i got up to security where they check ID and tickets i showed my ticket and they just had me go down a different security line. It really only amounted to the same “random” pat down search that i always get picked for any ways.

Its been 2 yrs since ive flown with out an ID so things may have changed, but security was really tight then as well.

Can you just pull up your facebook on your phone? That’s legit right?

You can pay extra to have a passport rushed.