Best Movie Quotes You Actually Use Frequently

There’s a TON of great movie quotes…but I find that only a few make it into my dialogue on a frequent basis…either that, or I force it into conversation because I love it enough :wink:

“That’ll do, Pig” - Babe
“Allo, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare, to die!” - Princess Bride
“There will be no more rhyming and I mean it!” - Princess Bride
“He’s not dead. He’s just MOSTLY dead.” - Princess Bride
“My mother hung me on a hook once. Once!” - Johnny Dangerously (I think)
“Mooooooonnnn Riverrrrr” - Fletch

Yes, I could list probably 15 more from Princess Bride. That movie has affected my language patterns in more ways than I care to admit :wink:

-Yes, F**k it! That’s you’re answer for everything! (Big Lebowski) *really there are several that make their way into my everyday lexicon, but I can’t pinpoint the ones I actually use in conversation.

-I’m surrounded by a**holes! (Spaceballs)

You know, I sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of more and I know there are literally hundreds, but I generally need a prompt of some kind to get one into conversation. But the top two are used primarily at work on a daily basis.

One of my favorite quotes my girlfriend and I use is off of Old School. When someone asks us about our plans for the weekend we’ll say we “actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we’re going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don’t know, I don’t know if we’ll have enough time.” It’ll usually be some variation of it. But it’s fun none the less.

We will quote various lines from Futurama also. There are so many great ones in that show.
“Good News Everyone” - Professor Fransworth
“I can’t wait til I’m old enough to feel ways about stuff” - Fry
“Sweet Zombie Jesus” - Professor Fransworth
“With a warning label this big, you know they gotta be fun!” - Hermes

There are tons of others. The situation has to be right to break them out.

“Talk to me, Goose.” Maverick, Top Gun, when someone hesitates with a response…
“Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” Doc, Back to the Future 1, when someone doubts something can be done…
“I know” Han Solo, Empire Strikes Back (when someone says, “I love that”, or something similar…

I swear I thought I was the only person who said that.

“you know, for kids” - Hudsucker Proxy - whenever someone has a seemingly simple sketch others do not seem to understand

“this is insanity Max.” " Or maybe it’s GENIUS!" - Pi - between myself and another coworker when you have one of those ideas that is either complete garbage or pure gold, but you lack the perspective at the moment to tell.

“12:50, press return” - Pi - Pause in action, or when things feel overly structured, or at 12:50 if you are working through lunch

“Bueller, Bueller” - Ferris Bueller’s Day Off - whenever there is no or little response from a question in a meeting

“No $#!+” - Rad - someone points out something painfully obvious

“A little table topping?” “wooo hoo hoo, Child’s Play!” - Rad - Someone asks you to join them in something fun

I’m sure there are more, but these are some I’ve thought of…

I love the smell of [INSERT WHATEVER YOU’RE INTO TODAY HERE] in the morning

Im a bit of a cartoon addict. Love most things Matt Groening, Matt stone and Trey parker create.

• Im having one of those headaches with pictures! (An idea)
    Futurama, Fry

• Buenos ding dong delidias senõr
    Simpsons, Ned Flanders relative.

• Ohoyhoy! , when answering the phone.
    Simpsons, Mr. Burns

“Do it… and let the English see you do it.” (Braveheart - when giving somebody instructions on something…especially at work)

“You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means” (Princess Bride - when one of my friends says something I think is out of place)

“Well, that’s whatever you were talking about for ya.” (Futurama - when I clearly have no interest in what one of my friends is saying)

“Isn’t that a light chicken gravy…?” (Three Amigos - for when somebody is saying something that nobody understands)

I could go on and on and on about specific movie quotes, and maybe I’ll add more later, but here is the list of the movies that I quote from on a regular basis:

Blazing Saddles
Three Amigos
Braveheart
Indiana Jones (the first three anyway)
… I’m sure there are others that I’m not thinking of right now

Of course now that I have to think about them I forget the ones I say most regularly. Kind of like ‘having’ to think about your pin number….

“D’oh!” Homer Simpson

“Batman is a scientist” Homer Simson

“Yar” and “Nar” Hot Fuzz

There are tons from "Army of Darkness” Here’s a few:

“Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I’ve got news for you pal, you ain’t leadin’ but two things, right now: Jack and shit… and Jack left town.”

“Gimme some sugar, baby.”

“Don’t touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn’t understand alloys and compositions and things with… molecular structures.”

“…Hail to the king, baby.”

“Come get some.”

“Good. Bad. I’m the guy with the gun.”

“Shop smart. Shop S-mart”

“Not dead yet” Monty Python Holly Grail.

“I think we broke her” The Crow

I know there are more from the Simpsons, Family Guy, and other movies.

“Negative Ghostrider.”

I work with a guy that has the last name Dudek. We call him “The Dude” (Big Lebowski) like it is his real name. Even our VP calls him The Dude.

Or El Duderino if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.

I’ve somehow substituted saying my goodbyes with Michael Jackson’s ‘eee-heee’ sound. It can be embarrasing as it has managed to become my default farewell!

I’ll often also use shaa-mon instead of saying ‘come on’ (when I’m being impatient or complaining)

btw - both of these are taken from UK comedian Leigh Francis and his ‘BO selecta’ interpretation of MJ

Jesus, you mix a hell of a Caucasian, Jackie.

Uh, you can’t handle the truth! Why has this not been mentioned yet?!

wow, I could do this all day…

I use “you know, for kids” too, :slight_smile:

Independence Day
"All you need is love, John Lennon, smart man, shot in the back very sad. "
"No, you did NOT shoot that green shit at me! "
“Kick the tires and light the fires big daddy!”

Back to the Future
these are great for design reviews:
"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah… Are you telling me that you built a time machine… out of a DeLorean? "
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour… you’re gonna see some serious shit. "
"I’m sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it’s a little hard to come by. "
"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it. "
“So, why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here?”
"Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads. "

Dumb and Dumber
“We got no food, no jobs… our PETS’ HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”
"It’s ok, I’m a limo driver! "
“So you’re telling me there’s a chance…”
"Samsonite! I was way off! "
"Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this… and totally redeem yourself! "
“That’s a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?”

big lebowski
“Donny you’re out of your element!”
"Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man. "
"Look, nothing is f***ed, here, man. "

zoolander
(the files) they’re IN the computer?!"
“moisture is the essence of water”
“What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read… if they can’t even fit inside the building?”
"For serious. "
“Orange Mocha Frappuccino!”
“It’s a casserole Sheila… it’ll keep!”

Often used in crits.

"Oh, this is the worst-looking ____ I ever saw. What, when you buy a ____ like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though. "

- Al Czervik, Caddyshack

And of course, pretty much any line from Caddyshack is used at least once a day. Too many to list.

I didn’t even post any office space quotes, somebody’s got a case of the monday’s

Holy smokes Batman!

Jimini jillickers Radioactiveman!

“only one cross each”
[LIFE OF BRIAN]

“You talking to me?”
[DeNiro Style]

“ain’t the same ballpark, ain’t even the same league.”
[Pulp fiction]