What cell phone do you own?

I don’t see much point on this post, but just for the sake of discussion and keeping the forum alive. I recently got myself an used Oneplus 3t which i’m pretty happy with, been using it for the last week and it was a nice improvement from the the 1st gen oneplust i was using. I’m not really a fan of expensive cellphones as i don’t see the value for the money they offer, but with this cellphone at least i feel like i got good practical value out of my money.

I recently upgraded to a Moto G6 Plus, I love the large screen and pure Android! Out of all brands, Motorola is the only one I have been completely satisfied with.

And the G family is pretty cheap for what is offering, i got Moto G4 plus that i brought used for $50 bucks on ebay that i used as a dedicated media player, you put a good SD card on it and you got yourself an ipod, but much cheaper.

I’m still on my iPhone 6S. Up until that phone, I had done the clockwork iPhone upgrade every two years. The jump in price from $300 to $600 for the 6S hurt, and I couldn’t justify the $750/$1000 for the 8/X. I also didn’t feel like there were any new features in the 8/X compelling me to upgrade. I had assumed I’d go for whatever came out this year, but aside from a battery that doesn’t last a full day of use the 6S is still fine for what I need. No plans to replace it until I really have a good reason.

Just moved up to the Moto G7, it feels like a phone that costs four times as much.

Just moved up to Huawei P30 Pro, because of its the best-in-class camera :slight_smile: I’m a photography enthusiast, that’s why it’s very important for me.

I’m so bored and disappointed with my Samsung S8 - I want to be excited about phones again. I’m thinking of getting the Razr, just to be ironic and to play with the folding screen.

I’ve had a Nokia 6.1 for two years now. Durable.

I’m so bored with all phones. I don’t understand how this is a trillion dollar, cutting edge industry.

Got an iPhone 11 Pro headed my way next week. Had an XR for 6 months, and enjoyed it. Employer is switching providers so we get new phones. Nothing like an exciting rounded rectangle!

By now a phone is just a phone to me, but the 2020 RAZR did get me excited again! I’m still sticking with my G6 for now.

G6? You need to move up to at least the G7 and experience the joy of bezel-less phones. I have to admit it took me a while to learn to live with the notch though.

I’m using my mother’s 5-yr-old iPhone 5s!

I know it’s not perhaps so appropriate to exclamate the sentence myself, but that’s the reaction I’ve been getting since I started using this. It still works just fine. Smooth and effective. Will use it till it gets phased out.

After almost 15 years of being on the Android platform (LG hardware) while based in Korea, I recently acquired the new iPhone SE this summer. Its fast, but I don’t like the egregious and constant demands for more $$. (icloud, apps, music etc). It does however put me in better touch interactively with people I know personally in the states. It fits in my wallet and holds a charge for more than a day. It also was necessary to be on the Apple platform with the current project work I’m doing in UX/UI.

Phones have now reached peak utility and are more of an annoyance than they are a delight…

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m still searching for happiness, or at least a pulse. I decided against the folding screens (not large enough) so I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a Surface Duo and a pair of the Surface buds. The first reviews were brutal but updates seem to have fixed the problems. I’d trade in my Samsung S8 and give my Samsung buds to my son. I don’t mind the larger-than-a-phone size as I rarely carry mine around in my pocket and I most always have my ear buds in to talk or take a conf/zoom/teams call, so maybe the fun of two screen might be worth it.

The ID on the Surface Duo is being widely appreciated. I dunno, still on the fence.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-surface-duo-for-business/8ptw9l1knfxb?cid=msft_web_collection&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Work phone is a company supplied iPhone 6s, personal phone is a iPhone XR
Its a nice mix for me, if I want something small and light (while running for example) I’ll use the 6s, but for my day to day nonsense, the larger screen or the XR is perfect

I have two mobile phones at the moment. One is an iPhone XR and the other one is NOKIA.
I have been using NOKIA for over a decade. The reason why I still keep it in possession, versatility, and durability. Though it is a basic set, not a smart one, I use it to make calls. Countless times it has fallen off on the ground, and it still rings and works fine.
Other than this I own an iPhone XR black, a flagship model. I have decided to buy it once I landed my first job. The reason to buy that specific model was the price. And it never disappointed me in performance. The voice-assisted AI services- SIRI and the camera qualities are commendable.
Though Apple.Inc has discontinued the model, I would recommend this model to anyone who would like to own an Apple product.

Upgraded to the G9 play, it’s definitely better and the user flow and customizability is pretty great.
All I would really want more is access to the Apple App Store :slight_smile: for some modeling/scanning apps

You might remember my ramblings regarding the stale mobile phone form factor. And while I loved my Microsoft phone because it was a Nokia (that was rounder and shorter than most today), my best phone experience was my Razor from so many years ago.
So a few months ago I decided it was time, I thought maybe the new razor could give me the same joy that the old razor gave me. But then I looked at the specs and realized it would get old very quickly.
So what is really close to a razor? it’s the Samsung Z flip3 , I thought maybe that would have the same magic but in a better spec’d package.
I figured before I buy one I should sit with it for a while so I stopped into a Best Buy to play around with it, slip it in my pocket, type with it open, see what the display gives me when it’s closed…all that good stuff.
I quickly realized that when you close the Z flip it’s a square which feels very strange in your pocket, and so I looked to my right and there was the super expensive Z fold3.
It turns out that the Z fold3 is more narrow than a regular phone when it’s folded which makes it slide right into a pocket pretty comfortably, and then when it unfolds it becomes a magical tablet and so for my work all of a sudden I have a narrow phone that’s usable folded and comfortable to hold yet also a magical tablet that I can actually work with (and markup, sketch, etc). It’s been a perfect solution.

Time to bump this thread.

I had been a Motorola fan boy for years. I’ve owned several models of the Moto G line, but noticed the quality declining. Lately their phones have become a commodity with no distinctive features and mediocre cameras.

So I recently switched to an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Build quality/materials and attention to detail are impressive. The better cameras were the selling point for me. The one disappointment is the lack of options in iOS compared to Android, Apple keeps things simple and you must do what they say.