best design software

Yes those are prototyped parts not just GD animation models.
and yes the artist Brian Bridgeforth from General foam Plastics is my stepfather I refered to from the other board.

Thought i would add that before I hear about all those models are not ID
and the software is not for ID parts.

some good examples. some not so good. 7 hours for that drill? seems too long. looks best for organics like the helmet. not so good for geometrics. when i tested this thing it was expensive. and not the best. what does it cost now? software and interface.

should post in other forum. looks like sales pitch here. again.

Yes those are prototyped parts not just GD animation models./quote]

Perhapse they have also been prototyped, but the screen shots you have there are CG!

So it can model, so can most other half—ed software, I want to know how well it will interface with the manufacturing, and engineering world who use Pre-E and SolidWorks. How “solid” are the .stl, .iges, and .step files.

So it can model Action Figures, wow that is a whole .1% of the product design industry. When we have been asked we simply sketch it, sculpted it out of clay, digitize it, and then use Pro to turn the point cloud into a solid object. Done

Can it to FEA and Moldflow analysis?

some good examples. some not so good. 7 hours for that drill? seems too long. looks best for organics like the helmet. not so good for geometrics. when i tested this thing it was expensive. and not the best.

Totally agree…far from the best! Alias, Pro, and SW are the industry standard for a reason, and to change that will take a very powerful software.

should post in other forum. looks like sales pitch here. again.

Always is with this Kid, like he gets off on saying his Step Fathers name, and trying to be a salesman.

“Always is with this Kid, like he gets off on saying his Step Fathers name, and trying to be a salesman.”

Yeah, Thats it exactly. Please buy this software!!!

Get a clue.

I was posting from an earlier post about what people thought was the best software for producing prototype models. I am not suggesting that is the best ID software, although I do know it is one of the best for rapid prototyping of “ANY” parts not just organic parts.

The pictures are CG because you can’t exactly put a 3d model through a computer screen, but yes those are all actual prototyped models some have been painted for presentation most were left as they apear after the resin print came out of the printer. And of coarse some of the artists put the model against a different background for presentation probably in photoshop. The software is still around 30k for the program and phantom rocker arm needed. And you have to have a strong dual processor computer to even run it. But 30k is nothing to companys who would be using it.

How can you say it is not good at prototyping if you have not used it? Keep an open mind you might learn a thing or two.

The software is designed for prototyping, simply put.
Obviously it handles iges, stl, ect
“Can it to FEA and Moldflow analysis?” yes

I wouldn’t take anything away from solidworks its great, but it can not model like that.

You don’t even know me, If i got off mentioning my stepfather’s name why wouldn’t I be working with him??? And two he is not even a famous designer. I do admire his skill and if you saw his model you would too, unless your too jelouce to admit his skill level, but I don’t care what you think of me or him.

Come back once you open your mind and not so full or your self.

You might already be a better designer than me, but i am williing to learn and try new things and not get stuck in the rut of what is supposed to be
the industry standard. If you stop trying to progress you will only be left behind.

“The FreeForm Modeling Plus system is designed to interoperate with downstream CAD/CAM/CAE applications. It plugs into existing processes for moldbase design, mold filling analysis, NC programming and CNC machining, using a combination of NURBS and polymesh export data.”

no FEA or mold flow feature on website. but Alias doesnt either. i dont need it.

$30k is too expensive imo. simple drill @ 7hrs is to slow imo. some surfaces look too wavy. clean-up needed. or rebuild. no good example of consumer products. curtain rod end doesnt impress.
shell feature looks interesting. some other features look interesting. better than before. but just too expensive for what it does. i’ll buy z-brush for $400 and import the data.