What objects do you keep on your desk?

Speaking about Japan-stuff, I recently got this Totoro mug with integrated felt bottom and silicone lid, it’s fantastic!

Here’s a pic of the Enterprise. With my father’s ‘design practicality’ , he made it so it would sit balanced on the secondary hull

The same way the Supermarine seaplane toy he made has over-sized pontoons so it would float well in water.

To the left of my desk is my nod to “Edge of Tomorrow”

That little Enterprise is awesome. What a cool keepsake.

I think the next logical step is a “1500 chairs” book!

I’ve been eyeing the Eames House Bird for a while. Just found out they have the 3D model available on Vitra’s website, I guess a 3D print will have to do until I make the $250 plunge. A decoy for a decoy, if you will! :laughing:

A link to the 3D file if anyone wants to do the same: Vitra | Eames House Bird | Official Vitra® Online Shop (click CAD data)

Also wonder why they have the 3D data available for free?

Nearly all contract office furniture companies have 3D data for the interior designers to use in their specifying/layouts. Steelcase, HM, Haworth, HON all have them for most of their products. Low res Sketchup, Revit, or Autocad usually.

[ Deleted ]

On my desk I have nothing particularly special.

On the wall in front of my desk I have a world scratch map, which is probably my favourite ‘near my desk’ item, a GFDA poster and a bunch of printed off quotes that I think are motivational.

Yeah it is.

The fortune reads: “Although it feels like a roller coaster now, life will calm down.”

NPD = rollercoaster for life

Love the Sinbad.

1. A “Star Wars” water bottle
  2. A Stuffed Totoro - a famous cartoon Japanese character
  3. A cup of coffee

Nice! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Hotwheel (or matchbox) Hammer!

I’ve seen plenty of E30-M3’s but in all these years I think I’ve come across only one W201 EVO II… and I don’t even know if its are real one at that…

Did you see the Donut Media Up To Speed episode on it?

You bet!!! I love Doug DeMuro and Donut Media videos… love quirky, rare, enthusiast cars

This is such a lovely thread. I love the pictures posted here and the variety of objects.
I prefer a clean, uncluttered table. I keep:
a water bottle
my iPhone (in silent mode, of course)
the book I am currently reading
one blue ball-point pen
sticky notes
a ping pong ball
some dry fruits

1/64 scale Bandai Macross Valkyrie, Roy Fokker edition.
A big hollow cast part from one of my first products at current company, used to hold pens/pencils
my StrengthsFinder results card
solar calculator
Nalgene bottle
piles of samples I need to approve, send back, get scanned for color compliance, or do something with
photo block of offspring

So you can 3D print it to fit on your desk :wink:
Free low-res 3D model give-aways are actually good promotional activities, also of course because these show up in advertising renders all over the world. But it is amazing that you can download just about any 3D model of furniture pieces.

I since recently bought into the ‘desk dragons’ trend :slight_smile: and now have a classic green LEGO Majisto dragon, dino-shaped erasers and a 3D printed triceratops skull which on top of the PC isn’t too much clutter.

There are about 100 other things (I have a double-deck desk + standing desk), some recent additions:

• RX100 Sony camera
  • Dymo Labelwriter
  • Divoom Onbeat speaker
  • 3DConnexion CAD mouse
  • Ginger confectionary
  • Kikkerland hydrographic wood electric pencil sharpener
  • 20" Water gun