podcast list

I like listening to The Nerdist.

[ Deleted ]

I listen to a lot of the ones that have been mentioned so far. Here are a few that I listen to that haven’t been mentioned so far:

• Thoroughly Considered - A podcast by the guys who run Studio Neat. They share some really good insight on how they’re designing and bringing their products to market on top of managing a small business.
  • The Prepared - One guy who works at Kickstarter and one guy who makes CAD software for super complex 3D printed parts. On some episodes they have really good guests who talk mostly about new product development/bringing products to market. On some other episodes, they talk about their own kickstarter project which is a silly little radio that can only tune to NPR. They also have a really good newsletter of
  • Still Untitled - The Adam Savage Project. Much more entertaining than the others I have mentioned. But Adam (ex-mythbusters) still often drops some shop or special effects knowledge on a pretty regular basis.

The Collective Podcast - Motion Designer and Illustrator Ash Thorp has long conversations with other inspiring creatives from photography, design, art, etc. The work ethic and struggles/backgrounds that some of the creatives talk about can put things into perspective. In general a good podcast to listen to if you want to hear from passionate people.

It was one of my favorites for years. I was in from the beginning, even got a small indirect mention on one episode :wink: but I miss the Hostful goodness, it’s still great FREE content and I’m happy for everybody, but I do miss the the 3 host dynamic of old.

Have to call this one out (and many in the Nerdist fold) as it was my ‘first’.

Besides many listed above I’ll add
-StarTalk - Neil deGrasse Tyson’s one

More than podcasts, last year I’ve subscribed to many YouTube channels, a few have fallen to the wayside, but there’s still is a bunch I listen to/watch daily. Some of them are basically conversations, so I’ll listen to them like a podcast as I work.

Not design related, however a recent favorite of mine has been:

Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell

Amazing storytelling, production, and research in many overlooked or misunderstood parts of history.

anybody tell me what is Podcast list?

Just listened to an interesting ID10 podcast with Jon Cenna. He talked about some interesting themes. The only way to get rid of your fear of failure is to fail and come back so many times that it is normal. The only way to have a long term career (talking about wrestling and comedy, but applicable) is to enjoy the process so much that you keep coming back for the love of it. And lastly, embrace the fact that you get to do something that is not a regular job.

I think that Minor Details with Nick Baker and James Connors is worth a mention here. It’s a new podcast from two very popular Instagram designers, really light and conversational but with some great insights.

I’m checking out The Product Startup. It seems to tap into the product design to production community quite well… But I think it’s done making new shows.

“You made it weird with Pete Holmes” is my favorite right now. He brings on a ton of creatives (mostly famous writers and comics), and talks with them about their craft at a really cool/ entertaining level. It’s not necessarily directly ID related, but the subjects certainly apply to creatives across the board.

Been listening to “What A Day”… 20 minute wish news dump. Super condensed and a bit sarcastic.

[ Deleted ]

“In Our Time” on BBC Radio 4 covers a wide range of topics (Culture, History, Philosophy, Religion, Science) and includes a reading list with each episode. I love the wide range of topics including:

• The Time Machine
    Picasso’s Guernica
    Venus (the planet)
    Authenticity
    The Fable of the Bees
    Echolocation
    Etc…

They recently did an episode on “Coffee” which was an eye-opener for me…

+1 for Cautionary Tales.

Also, I recommend “Fifty Things that Made the Modern Economy” by the same author. Fifty things is great for those who are busy, as the episodes are under 10 minutes each. I love the rubber, recycling and cellophane episodes for designers.

The Adventure Zone by The McElroy Brothers

D&D nerdism at its absolute finest. The story they weave playing Dungeons and Dragons rivals any book. It’s not for learning, but damn is it fun.

I know all of you in here probably hear from me enough, but if you were looking for a podcast, Design Drives just released a conversation we recorded from the IDSA IDC back in August.

My episode: Designdrives | Explore Futures of Design 🚀
All episodes: Designdrives | Explore Futures of Design 🚀

[ Deleted ]

You gave me so much useful content! There’s a lot of stuff you haven’t listened to yet, so I’ll start listening today.