Close

Amazon - Brand behind the Brands

Postby Dan Lewis » December 6th, 2017, 11:46 am

Dan Lewis
step four
step four

Interesting NY Times article about Amazon being the brand behind the rise of low cost, low margin, high technology consumer products.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/technology/cheap-consumer-devices-amazon.html

Re: Amazon - Brand behind the Brands

Postby AVClub » December 6th, 2017, 12:52 pm

AVClub
step three
step three

Thanks for sharing Dan, it was an interesting read! I have been thinking about an aspect of this lately: When they say "High Quality" is it really high quality or have consumers expectations been lowered over the years to accept poor quality for low prices? If I'm buying a $30 Nest ripoff I usually assume the quality to be low and factor that in with my purchasing decision and I've found that I have had many recommendations for "good for the money" products that resulted in a let down. Nevertheless, its interesting to see Amazons impact on the world.

Re: Amazon - Brand behind the Brands

Postby davidjackson » December 11th, 2017, 9:07 am

davidjackson

I agree. This is the only reason every retail product companies want to get associated with Amazon at low cost. @AVClub low and high quality of products depend on pricing as well as product to product. For getting info and actual feedback of the products, review section plays a very important role before any purchase or order.

Return to general design discussion