How do you organize your computer files ?

[ Deleted ]

Good idea to share some tips about this!

I assign codes to all projects, invoices, quotations etc. and since about a year I also code all CAD file names and separate file formats.
Then I use Ccleaner to keep my computer clean and occassionally filter duplicate files.
I keep a separate folder for all external files, files to be published on web/print/digital media/television etc. these often contain duplicates.

Then I use cloud services and external HDDs as well.
Make sure to keep at least one extra HDD at another location, for example a safe deposit box.

-Ralph

How do you manage ?, do you have any tips specific for I.D. Projects.

I take the Enron approach.

There are ample numbers of ways we have to organize the files. Some people are creating the different category folders and to make a different files to store that particular folders. So, they can able to get the easily identify or find the folders which they have required at any particular point of the time. This is the one method people are using to organize the files and folders to store the data. There are some others methods which people are using.

Anyone use any automation to organize files? PDM?

Keno - sounds like you have a good system in place. As a friend of mine in Government I.T. put it, “if you don’t have it in three places, you don’t really have it at all.”

I have all my ongoing/daily project work on my PC, secondary backups go to OneDrive and then the third set is held on a network drive I’ve set up in our studio.