Visiting Copenhagen, Recommendations?

Hello,

I’ll be visiting Copenhagen for a week during Thanksgiving and wanted to ask for recommendations for places, restaurants, activities, etc that designers would appreciate. (I’m excited to go to Hay and Norman Copenhagen store haha.) General trip recommendations are welcomed as well.

Thanks!

You could go to Louisiana. A modern art museum in Humlebæk (under an hour away by train). Don’t know about the current exhibitions, but I think the standard is high (can say it in English?), and besides the buildings and surroundings are very nice (in a cosy / modernistic kind of way).

Maybe go see Finn Juhls house. I have never been — it is always closed when I’m there (so check the opening hours!).

I’ve visited David Samling this summer and was nearly blown away by (the size of) their Islamic art collection. There’s also some painting by Vilhelm Hammershøi (you should google him if you don’t know), and the best part is that the entrance is free.

You mentioned Hay and Normann stores. If you are into things like that (shopping) you could maybe go to
Illums Bolighus.

The Assistens Cemetery is also very nice this time of year.

I really like the design and brickwork of the Grundtvig’s Church. But maybe it’s just me and it’s not really downtown Copenhagen.

All the turist go to Strøget (a pedestrianized shopping street) but not much to see there.

Can’t recommend much fine dining, since my economy is not really up for the task. But I’m pretty sure there is potential to find something. When I eat out I go to Ali’s Bageri behind Aldi, a german brand of discount supermarket which your, or anybody else, have no point in visiting.

Thank you Jaltew, I’ll definitely check these places out!