Traveling to Toronto!

I know this is super late notice, but I’m heading to Toronto tomorrow morning, I’ll be there from Friday to Monday morning.

Are there any cool things I must do? Designery things that are can’t miss? Things that aren’t worth it? (I’m thinking of going to the footwear museum, thoughts?)

I’m staying around Canoe Landing, but also don’t have a great grasp on where that is in relation to anything.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Try the design exchange. “Canada’s design museum”

http://www.dx.org/

CN tower if you like arch.
If you like buildings and history doing a trolly tour can be nice
get some poutine
design exchange (mentioned)
the toronto museum is very impressive
hockey museum
ride a moose

I’m TO based. There’s lots to do in Toronto, and you are relatively central in Canoe Landing/City Place area.

Sure, check out the Bata Shoe Museum, but I wouldn’t really prioritize it.

DX is OK, not sure what’s on there at the moment.

Check out a lot of local design, art and fashion on West Queen West, Ossington, Dundas West areas.

Some great urban parks and waterfront areas including the newly opened Trillium Park near Ontario Place by the Buckminster Fuller ball.

Skip the tourist crap - CN Tower, Dundas Square, Eaton Center

… Possibly worthwhile but kinda typical is St. Lawrence Market, Nathan Phillips Square (and Modernist City Hall building by Viljo Revell), ROM/Daniel Libskind Crystal, Frank Ghery Ago Art Gallery of Ontario, OCAD U Tabletop building by Will Alsop.

Lots of great local breweries to drink at if you enjoy beer. Bar Hop (2 locations), Bellwoods, Folly, Mascot, Halo just to name a few.

Tons of great food. I can send you a more complete list depending on what you like and your budget. Everything from hipster tacos and BBQ to traditional indigenous peoples/Historical Canadian, italian, etc…

Good place to start for stuff would be BlogTO.com and Nowtoronto.com

Enjoy!

R

R- next time i am home visiting my family in Mississauga, ill drop you a note and perhaps we can meet up.

Chevis W