This Star Wars Product Branding is Going Too Far

In honor of the new Star Wars movie opening later this week, I pose this question; what is the most ridiculous Star Wars branded product you’ve seen?

It’s been getting ridiculous these last couple of months, everywhere you go someone is selling Star Wars related items. I don’t know where to start, but the “Death Star” bird house comes to mind.

That’s a tough one since there are so many.
I’ll go with the Oranges so far.

The bird house doesn’t offend me, in fact I find it kind of ‘cute’ and in line with the novelty mugs you’ll find around the office kitchen.

What offends me is the packaging. Why on Earth do we have Darth Maul alongside the Death Star!!! I mean if you’re gonna do it…do it right…

We have got some star wars probiotic chocolate balls for kids at the moment.
http://www.bioglan.com.au/products/digestion/kids-choc-probiotic-balls-toy-story/

[ Deleted ]

I was shopping for a gift for my boy last night. I feel drained today. Lots of crappy Star Wars toys amongst some even worse.

I think this was the worst. Here it looks good, in reality they used a really awful styrene plastic or low-grade ABS. The flash was sharp enough to cut my wrists, which was a thought that went through my mind. What a money grab!

How does that fall into a Star Wars branded product?

Star Wars Lightsaber Thumb Wrestling

the good thing is you don’t have to buy any of this junk. Terrible. Still going to the movie on Saturday morning though :slight_smile:

Jedi Workout…a class for adults? MSN
I’m also tired of all the senseless branding…but I’m going to go see the movie on Thursday night.

I like the thumb wrestling actually. Can’t wait for my boy to be old enough!

Star Wars car commercials. Not branded but still jumping on the bandwagon.
Dodge: - YouTube
Chrysler: - YouTube
Fiat: - YouTube

This could be a cool competition. Design the dumbest star wars toy/merch and see if disney will buy it.

Spoiler: They will.

Good one! Made me spill my morning coffee !!!

Sadly, right you are, Yoda says.

They could wrap a logo on a turd and it would sell. The movie was so good, I don’t even care about all the product placement anymore!

Loved it. I’m bummed J.J. Abrams won’t be directing the next one. I thought he did a great job. Might be even better than Empire.

The Star wars licenser must work on commission:
Fox-v3-r2d2-helmet-4.jpg
Fox-v3-r2d2-helmet-3.jpg
Fox-v3-r2d2-helmet.jpg

Star Wars chopsticks.