What is Industrial Management?

Hi!

I’m a high school student hoping to become an industrial designer.
While looking into industrial design, I came across industrial management, but I don’t understand what it is.
What do industrial managers do?

Doesn’t sound related to design. Like managing a factory or something. Hard to tell without more context.

R

Maybe related to Industrial Engineering?

Manufacturing managers and industrial production managers oversee the workforce, materials, and mechanical or technological logistics of the production process. The details of the production floor will vary widely, but some of the common areas of responsibility are production scheduling, staffing, procurement and maintenance of equipment, quality control, inventory control, and the coordination of production activities with those of other departments. Their planning is done within budgetary limitations and time constraints.

This is a important topic. Management means to do system recognize. :laughing:

Industrial management - the branch of engineering that deals with the creation and management of systems that integrate people and materials and energy in productive ways

The overall management of the new product development process across the organization, handling important issues like building and managing an efficient supply chain, overseeing production processes, quality control, documentation, finance. An industrial manager will also be skilled at doing business in different countries.