Close

Postby dygitalvision » February 7th, 2005, 10:15 pm

dygitalvision
full self-realization
full self-realization

nice colors too- that nike watch

I think that form/+ shape and how it performed when worn was very sucessful. I have also a trail/ runners watch-by nike posted it earlier.. but dont use it to run-never have used a watch personally worn when running-do people use them , do a majority of the watch users use them for these running purposes or trail hiking adventures ???

I think people buy because they look cool and come with a lot of cool lil features that they will never use but can brag that they have them-hey gotta have something to talk about at lunch other than work---smile

30 - 40 watches yes that is a collection

but which do you where everyday ??

Postby yo » February 7th, 2005, 10:45 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

The one's I wear everyday?

I have a couple of Nike's that where never released that I wear alot, an Oregon series Chrono, a few Triax's, an Ambient, as well as this mini one I like a lot lately:

I also wear a few of the ones I designed off and on.

I have my eye on a few I want to get like this:

Cross

you think they would cut me a package deal?

more:

http://www.cross.com
Last edited by yo on February 16th, 2005, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 73lotus » February 7th, 2005, 10:49 pm

73lotus
step four
step four

I have one of the Nike's but I've never used it for running. I ended up strapping it to my bike's handlebars to use for lap timing. It has survived many spills that my bike and I didn't. :)

I really love the Ikepods, but I cannot justify the prices they command even if I had the money to spend on a watch.

The Gehry Fossil watch is really neat, and will probably be my next watch to purchase. Some of the Nixons are really nice as well.

I currently wear a Fossil Chrono that is the archetypal dress watch IMO, and has proven to be quite indestructable. I've busted almost ever watch I've ever owned, unfortunately.

Postby dygitalvision » February 7th, 2005, 11:02 pm

dygitalvision
full self-realization
full self-realization

maybe in china town they cut u a deal- hahah

nice watches- I have seen in this posts more watches and watch brands that i have never heard of-

i like the 1st and 3rd cross watches-

73lotus-some one needs to design u a rock watch-tht really sucks that they have all busted- hopefully none of them too expensive-or handed down to ya

Postby 73lotus » February 7th, 2005, 11:58 pm

73lotus
step four
step four

None of my previous watches were expensive thankfully. Usually cracked/damaged the crystal and/or face and hands. Broke a couple of pocket watches this way with them in my pants pocket - without injuring myself! Broke the adjustment knob off of a couple as well, and exceeded the shock limit on one digital (that was my diagnosis anyway, nothing would revive it).

Through all this I've learned not to wear a watch when biking, playing any "extreme" sport, or when working in the shop. :roll:

Postby ono » February 8th, 2005, 5:19 am

ono
step four
step four

Yo, nice watches man. Very balanced, on which ones did you work?(if it can be known)

Postby yo » February 8th, 2005, 9:40 am

yo
Administration
Administration

sorry for the confusion, I did NOT do any of the watches above, those are some I have my eye on purchasing.

Postby ono » February 8th, 2005, 9:46 am

ono
step four
step four

no,no, sorry it was me who misworded the post, I got that, but I was curious to know which were the watches that you did work on.

Postby ururk » February 8th, 2005, 11:47 am

ururk

yo -

what are the case dimensions of the mini watch? It looks pretty cool...

How about a Space Yota:

http://www.yotawatchworks.com/html/space_coll_htmls/orbit.htm

I didn't pay list for the Yota. The picture on the net doesn't do the watch justice, though I don't have a better picture of it (but can take one). The only gripe I have is it doesn't have ticks for anything lower than 15 min.

I also have a pocket watch by Fossil, with a clear (magnifying) glass cover. I've never seen a picture on the net, but could attach one if anyone wants.

Postby yo » February 8th, 2005, 12:54 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

ururk wrote:yo -

what are the case dimensions of the mini watch? It looks pretty cool...

The bezel is about 40mm x 35mm, which I like because I have a thick wrist (I'm big boned), so it looks proportionate on me, what I don't like is that the very cool fabric wrapped spring steel band pinches my big boney wrist by the end of the day and leaves a viscous red mark.... the things we suffer for fashion.

ono wrote:no,no, sorry it was me who misworded the post, I got that, but I was curious to know which were the watches that you did work on.

I'll put something together to show. The favorite one I did is on my below link, I have it in 3 color ways.

Postby yo » February 8th, 2005, 12:55 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

I'm liking that one, and very reasonable. Is it a good size?

Postby ururk » February 8th, 2005, 4:04 pm

ururk

When I get home I'll take a few pictures, and measure the dial. I've been meaning to photograph a few of my watches as it is...

The dial is on the larger end - I have narrow wrists, and it looks OK but the dial doesn't sit snugly (I'm between holes - one is just too large, the other too tight, aggg). Perhaps after a few years. The strap feels like it's 100% rubber, and I'm tempted to order another one if it ever gets damaged.

John Pariseau

Postby cg » February 8th, 2005, 8:50 pm

cg
full self-realization
full self-realization

I'm wearing these off and on right now:

Postby cg » February 8th, 2005, 8:54 pm

cg
full self-realization
full self-realization

I like some of these by Piero Lissoni for Alessi

watch in the matrix

Postby whoop » February 8th, 2005, 9:28 pm

whoop

Does anyone remember the watch that the Jada Smith had in the Matrix ? It was kind of a hybrid digital / analog design that looked really cool.

Previous | Go to the Next Page

Return to general design discussion